Computer upgrade for FM 2012

I have a feeling this topic is covered somewhere else but im new here and have no idea where. So apologies in advance if I annoy anyone.

I have an i7 2600, 8 gig of RAM, good 2bg video card. However my computer hard drive is a regular slow non-SSD drive.

I was thinking of buying an SSD drive and perhaps some another 8 gig of RAM to make my football manager 2012 performance better on the games running multiple leagues (read, all of them haha)

Would putting the game on an SSD drive and upping the RAM make a big difference to performance?

Thanks

Thinly veiled my PC is brilliant thread ;)

RAM - no

SSD - Obviously quicker load/save times, will help if you're using autosave with a short period save frequency.

8 GB is plenty for FM and I doubt that you would notice a lot of difference in processing time with more than that, assuming that you have a 64 bit system. SSD will help with loading and saving times but will not affect processing

Thankyou FrazT and Barside.

When you say processing time, do you mean match simulation or the like? I'm wondering for us crazy people who run databases that have several hundred thousand players in them, whether the extra RAM or SSD might mean the computer doesn't need to slowdown loading them over and over.

Thanks

The game uses the computer's RAM to update data, process results, player statistics etc- so in theory the more you have the faster the game will process data. You would see a difference between having 2GB and 8GB but I am not convinced that you would notice much difference above 8GB. Personally, I have never seen the point of loading all leagues/players when there is zero chance of you using or needing 90% of them and run the risks of game slow down as the size of your save grows.

ram definitely no... 8gb is at or over the optimum for the game for sure...

as has been said SSD wont help much as far as playing the game is concerned, i guess it'll help with the swapping and page file stuff but nothing to noticeable, but will help save and load your games quicker initially...

if you have money to burn... why not

Archived