Still playing

Still on 12. I gave up my lower league file for my man utd file though. I fancied a proper youth-poaching game, haven't played one of those in ages and now I realised it's a bloody juggling act...

How so? .

still playing and just had my best season ever. (had over 100 saves mostly with small teams but this time i said lets do one more milan save) but this save just turned out to be amazing! Finally got Ibrahimovic to work! He even broke Gunnar Nordahls goal scoring record at Milan.

tumblr_m6djbpQahG1r9ku13o1_1280.jpg

(lost to barca in CL Semi Final)

I'll be playing FM12 as long as humanly possible, I will get FM13 for two reasons, one I am the Gills researcher and 2 I'll have FM13 network game with one of my mates. There is a real possibility that when going solo it'll be FM12 I play as I am so in to my save it is crazy!

FM13 does not come out until November, I cannot believe people buy a game then only play it for half of the year. I expect most people do not "wait" for FM13 but just get their fill over the year.

How so? .

It's because I have around 30 youth players of varying ability, all whom will fit in the world class bracket. But I already have a superbly young and strong team as it is. So the juggling for me is to first; manage the positions of youth coming through, which I've been lucky about as for example, each season so far only one or two positions have strong youth regens.

Second, managing them in the U18's, making sure they get games in the first team, all the while prioritising who to go first. Do I keep that 19 year old who can't play in the U18s and push for his progress or risk him stunting for lack of growth and being left out in the future at the benefit of another youth player. On top of that, I have to make sure the older players are being sold on in time, but the younger lads have to be ready to play.

When there's no fixture congestion and freebie cup games against crap opposition and/or an injury crisis, it's a nightmare just planning the future so they will reach their potential. I've got at least five or six premiership lads (not quite world beaters) who's progress I've been unable to push for purely because I didn't have the games for them and loaning them out hasn't really helped them much. =(

Fun though! Watching an 18 year old DM smack his first goal in a CL game from 30 yards into the top corner and watching the 18 year old striker net a 94th minute winner against Arsenal to secure the premier league when all your other strikers are out injured are crowning moments of awesome. ^_^ And it's heartbreaking watching their potential get wrecked by an injury... especially the world class guys. I only wish I could have a perma-game where I was immune to getting fired then I'd just turn my squad into a proper youth academy lol!

I play FM12 loads, but only on network games. Single player is so boring it's unreal, i'd rather play through Superman64 again than even load up FM with the thought of playing by myself.

Screw FM13, kill it off and bring back FML, then i'd be happy :p

I feel ya. Thats why I started managing my 'feeder' club, which was Leeds at first, and is now (Champions of Spain 8 years running +) Sevilla.

Between the two I must have 30 world class youths as well, but having two teams help them get first team playing time. Added bonus, when a player wants a 'new challenge' I ship them from Spain to Italy, or vice versa! Unless I don't want them in the squad and don't mind them playing for the opposition of course.

Any time you feel you let a player down (not getting him enough game time, or not believing in him enough to develop him to his full potential) is a little painful, but I try to be mindful of all the successful careers and superstars I HAVE produced. Player development and tactics are definitely my favorite two aspects of the game!

It's because I have around 30 youth players of varying ability, all whom will fit in the world class bracket. But I already have a superbly young and strong team as it is. So the juggling for me is to first; manage the positions of youth coming through, which I've been lucky about as for example, each season so far only one or two positions have strong youth regens.

Second, managing them in the U18's, making sure they get games in the first team, all the while prioritising who to go first. Do I keep that 19 year old who can't play in the U18s and push for his progress or risk him stunting for lack of growth and being left out in the future at the benefit of another youth player. On top of that, I have to make sure the older players are being sold on in time, but the younger lads have to be ready to play.

When there's no fixture congestion and freebie cup games against crap opposition and/or an injury crisis, it's a nightmare just planning the future so they will reach their potential. I've got at least five or six premiership lads (not quite world beaters) who's progress I've been unable to push for purely because I didn't have the games for them and loaning them out hasn't really helped them much. =(

Fun though! Watching an 18 year old DM smack his first goal in a CL game from 30 yards into the top corner and watching the 18 year old striker net a 94th minute winner against Arsenal to secure the premier league when all your other strikers are out injured are crowning moments of awesome. ^_^ And it's heartbreaking watching their potential get wrecked by an injury... especially the world class guys. I only wish I could have a perma-game where I was immune to getting fired then I'd just turn my squad into a proper youth academy lol!

I'm in the same boat. An abundance of young talent ranging from 16-20 year olds that have already stepped up during injury crises. Currently looking to trim my squad. The issues I have is that some of them have not gained home-grown status, near have they been with the club for two years. Not really an issue for the league, but Champions League registration is an issue since you have to register players that have not been with the club for two years.

Yes I'm still playing. I'm only in 1st pre season with PSG but this will be my long term save (unless I get sacked haha) and I probably won't start playing FM 13 until the last patch is released for it (well, it depends if I can resist playing it earlier or not) so I still have a while yet.

Still on 11 - not that I'm boycotting 12 or anything, I'm just not yet bored of my long term save on 11, so there was no point in me buying the newer game. If I've tired of it by the time 13 comes out, I'll get that, else, I'll wait.

It took me 5 months to really get into a save on this years FM. After being impressed with Swansea this season I decided to give them a go on FM, and its turned out to be probably my best ever save. Into season 2024-25 and won't be losing interest any time soon because I'm only just starting to get in this years game.

Archived