Can't Continue Into Match

So I'm managing a national side right now, and controlling the U23 team for the Olympic qualifiers. It's time for the first game, and so I selected my squad but when I try to continue, nothing happens. My cursor flashes for a split second, but the screen just stays on the squad select screen. I don't want to holiday because I don't totally trust my assistant to not mess it up. :p

Has this happened to anyone and do you know how I can solve the problem? Would really like to continue this save without having to holiday...

What do you mean by "as it should be"?

I've tried holidaying with the option of having the assistant use the same formation as my first team, but he doesn't even do that! This is really bugging me, I just want to play the game! Haha.

I don't remember exactly, I just remember it was something in team policy that was creating the problem. First make sure you are set to control the team and press confirm. If that dosnt work maybe sack the guy who is in charge and try again.

I think I have remembered! It wasn;t the team policy at all. What it was that I couldnt control the the team for the qualifiers as you have experienced, but once qualified you are asked if you wish to take over the team for the OG tournament itself. Better hire a good U23 manager.

PS Sorry about the earlier misinformation.

Archived