You designers of this game are geniuses !!!

I just made this account a couple of minutes ago to publicly thank you for making this game so good.

For many it is the big things that make the difference, but the real deal is in the minor details.

What made me come here...(many may of noticed this)

Real Madrid v Zaragoza ... went in to the match with attack on my mind and it worked like a charm, won the game 7-0, with Ronaldo and Alonso scoring Hat-Tricks. It wasn't how my team played it was how Alonso got his hat-trick. Mid-Second half, score 4-0 with Alonso and Ronaldo on 2 each, won a corner and Ronaldo gets to the end of it. Few minutes later another corner Pepe scores. At this point I really wanted Alonso to get the hat-trick but I didn't know how to make it work for him. While I was thinking of what I should do I noticed Ronaldo, Kaka, Di Maria and Benzema laying it off for Alonso, he was taking shots like there is no tomorrow. Unfortunately he wasn't scoring any of them and the time was running out, I knew if he did get the hat-trick it would boost his morale and be a monster in the next game, against the mighty Barcelona. Injury time, still nothing but surprise was yet to come. Last minute of injury time I get a Penalty. Now I knew Ronaldo was my first choice, Kaka the next, then Benze, THEN alonso. The other 3 were still on the pitch, I was disappointed and annoyed, thinking I should have put Alonso top just in case I did get a penalty. But to my surprise Alonso was given the ball, and he dispatched it nicely to get his hat-trick.

In real-life that would certainly happen as Ronaldo had already got his hat-trick and Alonso needed his, the team tried to get Alonso his third goal, everyone lay off the ball for him, and then when they won the penalty Alonso was given the ball. It is these small details make this game so good.

Next Match: Barcelona, Alonso, Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Di Maria ripped them apart won the game 4-0 with a goal from Alonso, Ronaldo, Kaka, Carvalho.

Once again, thanks for making this game with such dedication.

Players that have 2 goals take the penalties to get the hat-trick. It's a nice feature.

No, it isn't, it's really annoying. So many times I've had penalties missed because my regular penalty taker has been superseded by the game, without any consultation.

A nice feature would be for you to be able to shout that you'd want player X to take the penalty, with the rate of success depending on the personality of the player (I can easily see Cristiano Ronaldo ignoring a manager who says Alonso should take it).

SI need to learn the philosophy of user options. This is a game. There are many different ways to play it. Why shove one way down everyones throat?

There are hundreds of user options in the game. Granted not in this instance but to issue a blanket statement such as that is just wrong.

SI need to learn the philosophy of user options. This is a game. There are many different ways to play it. Why shove one way down everyones throat?

No they don't. The game is about being a Football Manager and players will make on-pitch decisions without the manager's approval sometimes. We should perhaps get the option to yell at the player after the game.

if i know anything about SI over the years.. it's that they have a very clear strategy about where they want football manager to go..

they've stuck with their goals of creating the most accurate representation of football management around sometimes to the chagrin of some users but have continued to grow and every instalment has been a bigger success than the last..

so good on them i say.

Not sure if it still happens, but I think if the game's tied at 2-2, it probably wouldn't be given to a player on a hat trick if he wasn't great at penalties.

I agree, if my CB has scored two headers from free kicks or corners and the game is 2-2 and he has 4 for penalties there is no way he should be taking a potential match winning penalty.

I thought it was a nice feature until.....I was in the QF of champions league and 1st leg finished 0-0 away and score was 2-2 at home with 10 mins left.

My CM managed to score both of my goals then we got a penalty...and whom steps up, my CM who has 2 goals already in the match but has AWFUL penalty stats instead of ANY of my 3 forwards, whom have decent stats....He misses, game finishes 2-2 and we go out on away goals.

As if this would have happened.

I agree, if my CB has scored two headers from free kicks or corners and the game is 2-2 and he has 4 for penalties there is no way he should be taking a potential match winning penalty.
I thought it was a nice feature until.....I was in the QF of champions league and 1st leg finished 0-0 away and score was 2-2 at home with 10 mins left.

My CM managed to score both of my goals then we got a penalty...and whom steps up, my CM who has 2 goals already in the match but has AWFUL penalty stats instead of ANY of my 3 forwards, whom have decent stats....He misses, game finishes 2-2 and we go out on away goals.

As if this would have happened.

Pretty sure SI coded it to only happen if you had a clear lead.

Anyone that has seen different to that I would suggest posting in the bugs forum.

Archived