FM08: Official Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) Thread - Welcome to the Parc des Princes

rlipscombe

Paris-Saint-Germain.png

PSGHSS0708.jpg

PSGASS0708.jpg

Thanks to Wikipedia for the below:

The club was founded in August 1970 by the fusion of Paris FC and Stade Saint-Germain (in fact, one should state 1904, because Stade Saint-Germain was founded that year). Gathering funds from nearly 20,000 subscribers, the creation of Paris FC marked the reappearance of a major club in Paris after the demise of R.C. Paris, Red Star and Stade Français (among others). The union of F.C. Paris and Stade Saint-Germain was motivated by the need to find players, structures, and a place in a higher division, and it resulted in the creation of Paris Saint-Germain Football Club. The new club played in the Nationale (second) division for the 1970–71 season. The club won the division and was promoted to the top division in their first season. After finishing 16th in the 1971–72 season and under pressure from the Paris City Council to remove the reference to Saint-Germain, the club split in May. The professional part of the club joined C.A. Montreuil and remained in the top division as Paris FC, the amateur part of the club continued in the third division as amateur side Paris Saint-Germain. PSG was promoted to D2 in 1972–73, as champions following the disqualification of US Le Petit-Quevilly. The following season the club returned to professional status and finished second in the league, winning promotion to the top division in a play-off with Valenciennes. In a pleasing symmetry for PSG supporters, Paris FC was relegated in that season and PSG would henceforth always play at the newly rebuilt Parc des Princes, once the ground of Paris FC.

Team honours

Ligue 1: 1986, 1994

Coupe de France: 1982, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1998, 2004, 2006

Coupe de la Ligue: 1995, 1998

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1996

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup runners-up: 1997

Trophée Des Champions: 1995, 1998

UEFA Intertoto Cup: 2001

Ligue 2: 1971

Paris St Germain Squad List

Goalkeeper:

1 Mickael Landreau

16 Jerome Alonzo

Defender:

22 Sylvain Armand

24 Gregory Bourillon

3 Mamadou Sakho

31 Jean Yves Mvoto Owono

5 Bernard Mendy

6 Mario Yepes

Midfielder:

10 Marcelo Gallardo

20 Clement Chantome

23 Jeremy Clement

25 Jerome Rothen

26 Cristian Rodriguez

26 Granddi Ngoyi

8 Didier Digard

Striker:

11 Amara Diane

13 Pierre-Alain Frau

14 David Ngog

7 Peguy Luyindula

80 Carlos Bueno

9 Pedro Miguel Pauleta

Key Players

Landreau, Yepes, Digard, Rothen, Pauleta, Luyindula

The Challenge

To return this once successful team to the top of the French league, and on to European success last achieved in the 1990s. The club have slipped down the league at an alarming rate in the last few seasons, and the French capitals city needs their team back at the top of the league giving Lyon a run for their money,

Good luck!!

thanks. just set up the game last night. yet to make a start as yet. My challenge is to challenge for the league title by end of three year contract which i feel is definately achievable. Transfer budget for initial expectations is £3 million, but i promised qualification for Europe, and have now got £3.7 million. i have an additional £20,000 per week to spend on wages.

I decided to have a go with PSG as i was a fan of them in the 1990's and early 2000's (still have a few shirts at home...) and they became my 'second' team after Sheffield Wednesday. Sad to see the way they've declined the last few years, so i want to take them back to the top!!

gigantic tip for you mate

your gk landreau seems to attract a lot of interest in all of my games so in my current game he moved in january of first season for 24 mil euro to lazio maybe this helps you to generate some extra cash

Originally posted by purefun:

gigantic tip for you mate

your gk landreau seems to attract a lot of interest in all of my games so in my current game he moved in january of first season for 24 mil euro to lazio maybe this helps you to generate some extra cash

cheers for that. i'll bear it in mind!! i do feel i need to generate some extra cash so maybe that's the way. we will see.

Just started a game with PSG and was about to start a new until I saw this in the stickied links thread.

Anyway, first half of pre-season was atrocious whilst everyone's fitness was terrible but as that improved and new players came in we improved a lot.

Keymen (imo): Landreau, Yepes, Rothen, Diané.

I also got £3.7m transfer budget and these are my signings so far:

Matthieu Flamini (loan)

Giorgos Samaras (loan)

Manuel Almunia (loan)

Quinton Fortune (free)

Mickael Tacalfred (free)

Eddie Johnson (£2.3m)

PSG have a few options for CM/DM but I like Flamini a lot and think he can do a good job.

Samaras was brought in as we need strengthening up front and he can add some aerial presence.

Almunia is going to be backup to Landreau for most of the season probably, but capable of a staring place when needed.

Needed someone asback-up for Rothen and Fortune has good crossing ability plus can fill in at LB so had to have him on a free.

Tacalfred good cover at RB/CB and also has good crossing ability.

Johnson, well he's just a good all round striker that I'm sure can get us the goals to fire us towards a european place.

Main problem at PSG is Pauleta. Ageing and past his best he's on £66,500 a week which is messing with the finances a bit. Had to sacrifice some transfer funds to get enough wages to attract Johnson as the loan signings had pushed me over budget. Struggling to offload him too, he won't accept mutual termination, will cost £3m+ to release, no-one is (understandably) interested and I can't offer him a new contract on lower wages as he's retiring.

First match of season is away at Monaco, we fall behind early on but come back to win 4-2, Johnson(2), Samaras and Diané with the goals and assists from Diané(2) and Rothen(2).

I seriously see the wingers as key to the tems success this season and am confident if they can keep putting the crosses in then someone can finish them and just hope we can stay tight at the back.

good to see another player as PSG. have been away since friday so not had chance to play my game any more but that will change from tonight. am still in early days in pre-season. only played one friendly away at Red Bull Salzburg.

have spent my time so far bringing in a bit more youth to the club.

will post more later

For a RB , look for artur sorin from kalmar. I got him for 15k for Saint Etienne and now , he's worth 2.2 million. PSG is mid-table in my all my french teams ( reims & asse) as other den pauleta, a proven striker is lacking. i would go with bogdan stancu as he's quite cheap too.

I have just began my second season with PSG after Winning the league in the 1st season!!!

I only really sold the back up keeper (alonzo) possibly?! Brought in Eddie Johnson, Pablo Piatti, got Leonardo from Ajax in on loan. Was doing awful till the new year lingering just above the relegation zone and couldnt stop conceding. In january I got in Yegor Filipenko and Sotiris Ninis and went from 4-4-2 to a 4-2-3-1 and went unbeaten until the last day of the season winnning the title by 1 point. That said i did go out of both cups in the 1st and 2nd rounds!

Sean_oc16 - dont flog Pauleta, after i asked him for a team meeting in late december he ended up banging in 18 goals in the season going level as the clubs all time top scorer!

Eddie Johnson was a beast ad was Filipenko, i really advise anyone to buy this guy, he cost me just over 100k and played every game, even though his ratings arent as good as the other CB's at the club he out performs all of them! He is also a wise choice as you dont get much money in July

Almost forgot, the key player in my team after a switched to 4231 was Gallardo, playing AMC he played 19, scored 14 and set up 11, not bad for the old fella!

I've not had the chance to do too much more but any help needed just ask!

Originally posted by Peddro:

I have just began my second season with PSG after Winning the league in the 1st season!!!

I only really sold the back up keeper (alonzo) possibly?! Brought in Eddie Johnson, Pablo Piatti, got Leonardo from Ajax in on loan. Was doing awful till the new year lingering just above the relegation zone and couldnt stop conceding. In january I got in Yegor Filipenko and Sotiris Ninis and went from 4-4-2 to a 4-2-3-1 and went unbeaten until the last day of the season winnning the title by 1 point. That said i did go out of both cups in the 1st and 2nd rounds!

Sean_oc16 - dont flog Pauleta, after i asked him for a team meeting in late december he ended up banging in 18 goals in the season going level as the clubs all time top scorer!

Eddie Johnson was a beast ad was Filipenko, i really advise anyone to buy this guy, he cost me just over 100k and played every game, even though his ratings arent as good as the other CB's at the club he out performs all of them! He is also a wise choice as you dont get much money in July

Almost forgot, the key player in my team after a switched to 4231 was Gallardo, playing AMC he played 19, scored 14 and set up 11, not bad for the old fella!

I've not had the chance to do too much more but any help needed just ask!

congrats Peddro!! certainly set the standard for us all to aim for!! might have to give the formation a go myself...

Just thought id give an update of how things are going. Only sold Frau to sochaux for 3 million. Brought in issar Dia for 3 mil and martial Yao from ASEC for pennies!

The season started pretty badly just like before, they couldnt string more than 5 passes together and both Johnson and Dia were at the olympics. Gallardo has been rather dissapointing this season so i have often relied upon Piatti who has done on. Went on a bit of a run after beating Lyon 3-0 away and im unbeated in 6 and still in both cup and qualified top of my CL group with bayern, roma and steaua in it! Got Liverpool next however so im probably om my way out! Gallardo got injured for 2 months so i have brought in Maxi Moralez from FC Moscow, didnt really need him just he was so god when i watched the U20 world cup this summer i felt i had to give him a go and in his first game he didnt dissapoint! 1 goal 1 assist and 1 mom and a 9 rating! Only really need to look for a LB as sakho just doesnt have the attributes to push forward from there!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my season in 5 place and won the french cup (incuding a 5th round 3-1 win over Lyon) Peguy was outstanding for me. I signed Kallon on a free and was amazing cover for Pauleta who got injured for the first 8 games. He scored 10 and assited 2, best performance agaisnt As Manaco 6-2 win with him scoring a hat trick. I signed flamini on loan and he was great. I also got As Nancy goalkeeper (forgot his name at this present time) for 1.6 million pounds. He was fantastic and the fans completely loved him. Sahko was amazing aswell and became one of my starting players. Later i will upload screenshots of my season and transfers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone got a PSG game on the go at the moment? McAfee decided it would be funny to delte all the player histories on my Roma save so ive started a new game in a different European capital!

So far ive signed Piatti(AMLC), Buonanotte (AMC) and Cuevas(SC). Yepes ruined himself for 8months in pre-season so im probably going to play Digard+Bourillon at CB with Armand on the left and Ceara on the right, and Clement at DM. Any idea how much money ill be looking at for next season if I get European qualification? What standard of players am I looking at being interested too? I see Henry usually leaves Barca after season one, and Saviola and Adriano can sometimes be picked up, will any of these be interested/affordable do you think? I know Henry's gettign on now but id love to bring him to France for his twilight years!

In addition to Sakho and Sankhare are there any other good French youngsters and the club or available fairly cheap elsewhere? Costil in goal could make a decent successor to Landreau I suppose but are they any others peopel could recommend?

MG1985 - Dont play Bourillon, play sakho CB. I got about 3 million to spend at start of seconds season after winning the league. Henry will never be interested and i cant see either of the other two. From doing 6 years at PSG i recommend buying ettiene didot!!!

Bourillon's no good then no? Ive been bringing Sakho on as a sub and starting him a little because Bourillon fractured his wrist. Sankhare has crap tackling for a DM, does he turn out to be a decent Left mid? he has reasonable pace, dribbling etc. certainly compared to his tackling anyway (10).

Shame about the big-name strikers, ill have a look at Didot though, Ive bought him before on FM07 and on this version with Coventry and he was good. Im currently about 2nd and just about to play my first cup game, so about 12 games in or so I think. Not doing too badly so far but im leaking goals almost every game, one clean sheet vs Caen so far!

Ive just finished my first season with P.S.G and finished 4th by one point which was a bit annoying! Lyon won, followed by Marseille and RC Lens. Anyway, im now expected to finish in the top 3 next season and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my signings/sales.

I think my defence will be fine, with Landreau in goal and a back four of Ceara, Sakho, Bourillon/Digard/Yepes, and Armand at LB. DM is fine with either Clement or Digard, as is AM with Piatti or Buonanotte. Left wing I have Sankhare or Rothen, and I suppose Piatti also, and Right wing I have Amana or Souza so i think im alright there. Up front Ive got Cuevas or N'gog as a pacey striker, both scored over 15 goals each last season so I reckon they're up to the task. So basically im looking at maybe spending my entire budget on Bianchi (about 11m) as I think im fairly well covered elsewhere.

Does anyone have any thoughts on N'gog? he looks like he may progress to be pretty good as a pacey striker with good height aswell, but I really would like to bring in Bianchi or someone similar who I think will definetly score goals and play well as a target man.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by twattyatkins:

Just starting a PSG game icon14.gif Looks like a good challenge

Cool, Ive just started a PSG save to, played around 6ish league games and im 4th iirc.

I will post squad/transfers tommorrow.

Whats your squad so far mate, If your planning on buying a striker, have a look at falcon (£2.5M) - plays for river plate iirc, and Grax (£1.7M) who plays for sochoax (sp)

Ive signed them both, and they are superb.

Also if your on patch 8.02 ask the board for more money, i did, and i got an extra £5M

Just finished the second season, and everything went to pot at the end thanks to three defeats to Nice (or should that be Hugo Lloris). First, they knocked us out of the UEFA Cup semi-finals, then beat us in the league to consign us to fourth place and missing out on the CL spots which we've held pretty much all year. Frustrating as hell, but what can you do icon_frown.gif

Nothing particularly exciting in terms of transfers so far; brought in Degre, Bocaly, Farnerud, Granero on loan and re-signed Chantome from Boro. Sold Bellaid to Sevilla for £13m, so have some funds to play with. Was going to go for Inler Gokhan, but Villa have suddenly decided they want to keep him.

Im in January 09 now with PSG and doing brilliantly, currently 1st in the league and have been in the top 4 most of the time.

Played 20

Won 12

Drawn 7

Lost 1

For (goals) 36

Against (goals) 12

G.D. +24

Points 43

should hopefully keep this form up until the end of the season.

Rai(scout at PSG) however is annoying me,every signing I make he says 'is a gamble and could backfire on me'. But I proved him wrong after he said that about Abdou Razack Traore who has turned out to be a brilliant signing and a favourite among the fans

Just started a save with them and finished my first season and starting to get into it. Finished 3rd so I have the CL to look forward to.

Just brought Manucho in on a load from Man U and he looks like a good acquisition.

Just finished first season,did the double winning the Ligue 1 Orange and Coupe De La Ligue.

So aiming for a title challenge next season,and a decent run in Champions League. Just need to bring in some young talent now as the team is getting old. New striker is priority with Pauleta retiring, not sure who to go for at the moment though,anyone have ideas?

Congratulations on winning the league, very impressive for season 1. My Pauleta replacement was Salvador Cabanas; quick, good in the air and has finishing of 20. Cost me £4m, and finished 2nd in the goal scoring charts in season 2 with 27, behind Jimmy Briand who got an incredible 38 for Rennes.

ive gone for Yoann Gouffran who cost me £7.25M but has scored 8 goals in 6 appearances so far.

I also got Jiminez (who has already entered PSG's favoured personnel),Sergio Mota,Alejandro Gomez (currently on loan to get first team experience), and a promising regen keeper.

My team looks like this:

GK:Landreau

DL:Sakho

DCicon_biggrin.gifigard

DC:Bourillon

DR:Ceara

MC:Sergio Mota

MC:Rothen

AML:Abdou Razack Traore

AMC:Everton Santos

AMR:Jiminez

FC:Gouffran

I think the back line needs to be revamped. I don't like playing Sakho at LB, and Bourillon and Ceara aren't reliable enough. Have you sold Armand? Suggestions:

RB: Bocaly, Abenzoar

LB: Mathieu

DC: Digard and Armand (if you still have him) with Sakho as back up.

I would play Jimenez at AMC rather than AMR as well.

I would say get a new AMR, Diane isn't great. Don't really have a recommendation as prices of young wingers such as Obertan become ridiculous and are way out of PSGs reach. Have a look and see who is on the transfer list, you might be able to find a bargain. I have Alexander Farnerud who I snapped up for a mere £2m as he put in a request, so see who might be available.

If Bourillon has done well for you, stick with him. Unfortunately he was always very average for me.

Originally posted by twattyatkins:

Does anyone think Everton Santos is any good? His stats are quite poor on my game and I'm not sure whether to sell him or not

He's been ok for me, I rotate him and Souza on the right and have Traore sharing time with a guy called Wagner from Cruziero on the left.

Also I had a bit of an injury crisis at the back and picked up a guy called Franck Chaussidiere from Clermont as emergency cover. He's 30 but has been a revelation only cost 275k and has been so good I sold Yepes and Camaras on the list too.

Right, end of season two (8.0.2),won Ligue 1,French Cup(vs Lyon),Coupe de la Ligue (vs Lyon) and Champions Trophy (vs Lyon). Went out in semi-finals of Champs League vs Chelsea on a 4-3 aggregate.

My team is:

GK: Landreau

DL: Arturo Vidal

DC: Sakho

DC: Bourillon

DR: Sylvain Armand (possibly replace???)

MC: Sergio Mota

MC: Jerome Rothen (replacement needed)

AMR: Diane (seriously need a replacement)

AML: Abdou Razack Traore

AMC: Jiminez

FC: Youann Gouffran

So, my transfer budjet is still a measley £18.75M with wages of £500K, and as you can see I need replacements for Diane, and possibly Armand and Rothen. However finding YOUNG(I don't buy players over 24 years old) players that can take over in these positions is becoming quite a challenge with the small transfer budjet. I could possibly ask for more money towards my transfer budjet, but as they are already improving the youth and senior training facilities I doubt I'm going to get anything.

Oh, and I've asked for my stadium to be expanded,however the local council is stopping us from expanding. So i asked again to expand the stadium and the board says they are planning to expand, well how can they if the council won't let them, will they eventually tell me they are going to re-locate? And if so, how long will it be until they tell me this? Or do I just need to keep pestering to expand the stadium.

Thanks alot everyone.

Just finished the third season in dramatic fashion.

Level on points but with a worse goal difference than Lyon going into the final day, so we needed to better their result to take the crown. We upheld our bargain by beating Le Mans 2-1 at home. Incredibly, Lyon could only manage a 1-1 draw away to 10 man Lille, meaning we nicked the title on the last day icon_smile.gif

League

Did pretty well in the cups. Got to the final of the French Cup, but lost 1-0 to Marseille, as well as making the semi finals of the league cup, Nice knocking us out. Made the UEFA Cup quarter finals before going out on away goals, though we did knock out Valencia the previous round. Was a bizarrely strong competition with Arsenal, Fiorentina, Barcelona and Lyon being some of the other teams in the last 8.

Definitely a successful season though. Was aiming for a Champions League spot and a trophy, but I never imagined we could take the league. Now looking forward to 10/11 and the Champions League icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on my PSG game. Half way through the 2010/11 season and things are looking good domestically. Top of the league and in the league cup quarter finals.

Ligue 1

Unfortunately, our Champions League campaign came to an early end as we came third in our group. We lost 3-1 away to Inter when we needed to win to have any hope of going through. It was my fault, went for the win whilst drawing 1-1 away to Leverkusen in an earlier tie and we conceded a stoppage time winner Still, the UEFA Cup should offer some consolation.... oh wait no, we've been drawn with Milan

And finally, in keeping with our tradition of snapping up bargains, signed Alejandro Alfaro ( screenshot for those who've never come across him) for £1.7m. Finally, someone who looks to have the quality to replace the ageless Juan Roman Riquelme

Best players are Landreau, Armand and Digard. Sakho, Sankhare, Chantome and N'Gog all develop into excellent players so keep them. Pauleta retires at the end of the first season so you will need to find a replacement for him. Wingers are also a priority, depending on your formation of course.

Have a look at:

Abdou Razack Traore, Garry Bocaly, Loic Abenzoar, Distel Zola, Diogo, Salvador Cabanas, Yoann Gouffran, Jeremy Mathieu.

Good luck!

Thanks, I signed most of those and a few more other younsters.

I also signed Arshavin + Samaras(Loan) Kalouda was signed too.

Top of the league after 15 games, Won 10, Drawn 2 and lost 3.

Samaras is doing brilliant upfront on his own. Scoring nearlly every game.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my first season. After a dodgy start, (3 defeats in opening five games) managed to stay unbeaten for the rest of the first half of the season to propel us to second (including a 4-0 hammering of Lyon). An inconsistent second half of the season saw us drop out of the champions league places until the last day, where we sneaked back into 3rd on goal difference.

In the cups we bowed out of the Coupe de Ligue at the semi final stage away at Toulouse. In the French Cup we only reached the quarter final before losing to Second Division Brest on penalties (who eventually won the competition).

Final Table:http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/greenboar/Table20072008.jpg

Transfers:http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/greenboar/Transfers20072008.jpg

Roll on 2008/2009!

• 3 weeks later...
MG1985 - Dont play Bourillon, play sakho CB. I got about 3 million to spend at start of seconds season after winning the league. Henry will never be interested and i cant see either of the other two. From doing 6 years at PSG i recommend buying ettiene didot!!!

You can by Hugo Lloris the GK of OGC NICE or Remy Riou from AJ AUXERRE

also you can look at jimmy Briand ST From Stade Rennais:)

Archived