President keeps selling players

This season, the president of my club sold no less than three of my best players, because "the offer was too good to refuse". Worst thing is, he sold them at half the price i bought then AND I don't need the money. Now I am forced to make hasty purchaes of poor players. For the love of god, would it be possible to eliminate that feature from the game, since I'm sure absolutely nobody likes this part or AT LEAST increase the AI so that he doesn't sell my best players at half price????

A frustrated manager.

Place hugely high asking price for the players you don't want to be without. That will make the AI reluctant in making bids for your players hence your board can't accept bids if the bids don't come.

I'm dead serious, this actually is really effective.

I have heard that setting asking price at £0 is effective with this. You will get offers but of course they will never be good enough for the board to sell over your head.

If that works, there would be a problem with players getting upset that you didn't allow them to leave to potentially bigger clubs or they will ask for a new contract.

This feature has its bugs. I agree that it is a realistic feature but its implementation could use some tweaking. For example I play now as Anji Machkhalchala (I think :p) and my president sold Verratti, one of my best players for 7 million. I was forced to buy a replacement for much more than that, spending more of his never ending money :)

This feature has its bugs. I agree that it is a realistic feature but its implementation could use some tweaking. For example I play now as Anji Machkhalchala (I think :p) and my president sold Verratti, one of my best players for 7 million. I was forced to buy a replacement for much more than that, spending more of his never ending money :)

Anji went bankrupt on mine...

Anji went bankrupt on mine...

Won't happen to me. I have contingency plans. I had a tycoon takeover on my Kapfenberg (AUT) save and then he bailed out after 5 seasons. Thankfully I follow a tight financial discipline and was able to keep going regardless.

If the club has got cash in the bank then I really don't like seeing my chairman sell without my input. At least the game should let me sit down with the chairman (so I can issue an ultimatum!!) when this happens. My chairman (@ Sevilla in 2039) sold my 21 year old Brazilian target man on me last summer, for 25.5m dollars (17m pounds?) who I had just spent what, 3 seasons grooming and tutoring! The club has many strikers, but usually I stock up on pace men, and this was supposed to be my aerial threat for the better part of the next decade! He sold him to Chelsea. Then a $21m offer came in from Man U (a perennial rival in Europe) for a 21 y.o. left footed playmaker I had been grooming through loan deals and was finally ready to slot into the first team. 'Too good to refuse'!

On the first day of the season the press asked me about the transfers, and I said something like "There's nothing to talk about, the Chairman and I aren't on speaking terms". LOL. I already had my contract extended for the next 5 seasons and am a club legend so I took the chance to 'be real'. One of the first times I was impressed with the media and glad to answer their question! :)

Playing in Iceland, I've got a 19 year old defender who was wanted by a whole host of big clubs. His value is £1.1m, I set his asking price at £20m thinking there's no way they will want to pay anything near that, I was wrong. Out of the blue SLB made a bid of £19.75m plus future incentives, chairman had to accept, I don't want him to leave but £20m will do us the world of good. However in a twist he rejected the contract offer, didn't see that coming as he's on £4.7k a week here. :confused:

If the club has got cash in the bank then I really don't like seeing my chairman sell without my input. At least the game should let me sit down with the chairman (so I can issue an ultimatum!!) when this happens. My chairman (@ Sevilla in 2039) sold my 21 year old Brazilian target man on me last summer, for 25.5m dollars (17m pounds?) who I had just spent what, 3 seasons grooming and tutoring! The club has many strikers, but usually I stock up on pace men, and this was supposed to be my aerial threat for the better part of the next decade! He sold him to Chelsea. Then a $21m offer came in from Man U (a perennial rival in Europe) for a 21 y.o. left footed playmaker I had been grooming through loan deals and was finally ready to slot into the first team. 'Too good to refuse'!

On the first day of the season the press asked me about the transfers, and I said something like "There's nothing to talk about, the Chairman and I aren't on speaking terms". LOL. I already had my contract extended for the next 5 seasons and am a club legend so I took the chance to 'be real'. One of the first times I was impressed with the media and glad to answer their question! :)

Aye there needs to be more interaction. If chairmen had personality models I'd be sold. And by that I mean, take the UTD and Arsenal boards, they're obviously in constant contact with the manager and it'd be good to file a season update, or address concerns. I should be able to say, that losing 0-1 to Man City at the end of the season with a reserve squad isn't as big a deal as we clinched the league months ago and it's good experience for the youth players. A UTD/Arsenal chairman (or board) would be accepting of that. Some of the horrible types like Mike Ashley might not be.

Just like I'd like to re-assure the board that I'm only spending 50mill on wages because I've negotiated with the best players carefully and my youth will easily oust them in two or three years so they shouldn't worry that I'm not spending to the wage limit. Stuff like that would go a long way but SI would have to nail it first time or it'd be pretty annoying.

I faced this once on my Palermo save in FM2010. Zamparini is just as weird in the game as he sold my Pastore for half of my asking price. You might be wondering "well, your asking price couldve been pretty high" but I wanted him for 20M pounds. Worse thing is he was my key player. But good thing was after Zamparini sold him, I got Ozil on a free :D

Archived