What teams have the biggest disparity between board expectations and squad talent

Hey guys started a new game this week as Valencia, and while I think the squad is pretty decent I felt title challenge in my first year was ambitious given the other two grunts in La Liga. Valencia probably don't fall into the title category but got me thinking.

Would love to hear people experiences as the title says.

Both Merseyside clubs are tough. Liverpool are a famously tricky challenge, with board expectations to challenge for the league when the realistic bet is to get into the Europa League. That said their team is considerably overrated. Everton are also tricky, mostly because board expectations are far higher for Everton then they are in real life. A common scenario to see Moyes getting the sack halfway through the season with Everton in 14th, which would never happen in real life.

I think Milan can also be quite tough. They have talented but very mercurial forwards, an aging midfield crammed with defensive talent and grit but little else. Thankfully they have a very solid defence. It's not hard to keep them high up the table, but it's difficult to mount a true challenge with them without some clever signings.

Thats interesting because, mostly in my games I think Liverpool massively overachieve when controlled by AI. My Current game saw them finish second in the first season and win it in the next. But I I agree, when I have played as them the board are totally unrealistic. Especially given squad limitations.

Archived