Football Manager 2011 gone crazy?

I think my Football Manager 2011 save game has gone crazy. I like giving my clubs a huge amount of money and do a Man city in the game. Normally I get around 160 million pounds and I choose 1.3 million pounds as wages.

Except this morning it gave me 325miliion pounds. I saved, closed the game and played some Dragon Age: Origins. I come back this evening to the save to see what I can do and the money is gone! Somewhere all players transfer amounts are much lower than this morning like for example Carlos Kameni is normally 5 million to buy with release clause of around that. This morning however it was 8.2 million? Now its back to normal again.

This is not the first odd behaviour of the game I have seen. Yesterday one of my players became a woman! I play as a female manager to see what its like and I was referred to correctly but it said "her game was bad" or something and it referred to my right back?

I do note this has only started since I choose steam for my football manager 2011 instead of using disc as my disc was getting scratched.

I also had yesterday a weird chat to my player. He said good to see you boss. When I replied I was kicked out of the chat with my player.

I also note my players gone from happy to unhappy with the training at least three times during the week for no apparent reason. I didn't use the chat to make him trainer harder. the player just became happy even without adjusting the sliders for his schedule.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Maybe the game is deciding to rebel against you giving your clubs money and cheating all the time? Maybe the game is thinking "if you don't play me properly, I won't run properly for you" haha!

I don't know.

The one about the player been referred to as a woman was rather odd though.

Even though I give the clubs a lot of money I only buy cheap players under normally 10 Million. No superstars. I keep the clubs reputation the same and go from there.

I rely on my youth and some good players.

I play in Ireland not England, Spain etc.

I tried playing as Manchester City once and gave up. The rules of the Premier League ruined it for me.

This has nothing to do with steam

Make sure that you are using the 11.3 patch

Make sure that the game currency hasnt reset in preferences

If you are still having issues, delete the settings folder -instructions in the FAQ thread

Hi. I tried that. Check the update and its 11.3 and never changed currency.

I'll try the settings file now and see if that works because its bugging me as some of the issues are very strange. Played the game over 1100 hours and seen some very very odd problems but never the woman one before or the money problem and both are appearing quite often now. :(

Edit: Deleting settings didn't help. The money is gone and I didn't even spend it. :(

Its never done that before so maybe its a once off and something went wrong this time.

My very long term save is fine but not the new save.

Archived