Can we finally fix AI team management and finacial dealings please?

I am barely past half of the first season with Mantova in Lega pro 2a(lowest playable Italian league) and AI teams are signing players like they all have sugar daddy.It's pretty much out of control:

- Average number of newly signed players per club is 10+

- I could live even with that, if those teams actually unload other players to make space but they are all just accumulating more players creating financial chaos.

- Example , miniscule mid table team Borgo a Buggiano that has 2500 seats stadium has signed 17 players in 6 months and they have total number of 72 players on payroll.As the result their finances are insecure.

Now we are talking about lower league teams from country that is on verge of bankrupt in real life .No sane club of that stature and (non) capability would have that many players on payroll.It kills long term game, by making them financially crippled long term.

It has been like this for years ,AI is simply not capable of handling team management in any sense, they just buy, buy buy(or sign, sign , sign) and then they get loaded with pointless players that they don't even play.

Welcome to the gang of people who come on these forums to complain about the AI's squad building and wait with eager anticipation for each new release to finally fix it or at least to markedly improve it only to be disappointed.

I'll give you three reasons why it wont be top priority any time soon.

One its only apparent to observant people and those who play long term saves. If you only play for a couple of seasons before starting a new game or if you don't go looking at other teams squads you never notice it.

Two its hard to fix your asking thousands of AI players agents and clubs to act in ways that are not only sensible but occasional believably stupid making the types of mistakes that people make.

Thirdly SI is never called out on these things by the games media. Sure there are complaints about the ME or the UI in reviews but I have never seen a review mention the AI's squad building or the attribute spread of Newgens things that only become apparent after long term play.

I hear you, but there was absolutely no improvement in this area for years now.Whole repuitation based system is completely archaic.Clubs are signing dinosaurs and releasing young (super)talents because of reputation and whole thing is affecting the game:

- Because of increased number of players lot of players do not get to play and they are unhappy , and that in return is affecting whole squad morale.In order to quick fix that SI needs to add helpers for AI or disconect morale effects for them.

- Which leads to AI not being affected to morale in matches thus creating unrealistic match enviroment.

- At same time SI needs to add financial help for AI(which they did already) and that leads to idiotic AI buying even more players, or going bankrupt again.

- Going bankrupt leads to increased number of takeovers, and it's not uncommon to see half of the league going thru takeovers withing 1 year.I understand that takeovers are more common now then 10+ years ago, but current number of them in game is wastly over the top.

- Going in administration leads to wholesale of players and then human player has cheap shot to get high quality players for almost nothing.

- Smaller clubs live from growing talent and selling it for higher price.How the game is suppose to mimic that when their teams are clogged with 32+ year olds?

- Not to mention Managers getting fired because of increased unrest caused by ridiculous amount of players in squad and their unhappinessfor not playing.

All they need to do , as band aid, is to place function that will make AI to release/sell extra players once when squad reaches certain size or payroll, and another function that would limit AI's buying/signing new players (unless they are improvement on position) once when squad reaches certain size/payroll.

It's not perfect , but it's better then current chaos.

This game needs dynamic club philosophy system badly...

I hear you, but there was absolutely no improvement in this area for years now.Whole repuitation baed system is completely archaic.Clubs are signing dinosaurs and releasing young supertalents because of reputation and whole thing is affecting the game:

I hear you I think there's a big problem with reputation it's trying to do two things reflect how well known a player is and how highly regarded he is by those who already know of him and those are not the same thing. Take David Beckham his as famous as he ever was but his much less highly regarded as a footballer now. Because reputation is doing two jobs its not allowed to fluctuate as wildly as it needs to if its going to be a good measure of how well regarded a player is. If an unknown eighteen year old made a brake through for Torquay this coming season and scored 20 goals by January and looked a real class player he would still be relatively unknown but those people who did know about him would be falling over themselves to sign him.

Something like Club philosophy would be more suited for this game.

Each year or two, boards would evaluate their clubs rep, finances , stature , etc..whatever SI finds pertinet to it and then make their direction which would influence their transfer and financial behavior.

Simple example..two different types:

- win now, club would splash their money to their fiancial limit in order to achieve instant success

- rebuild, clubs would invest in younger talent with long term goal, upgrade youth facilities, etc...

And there could be more variations , much more.Right now everyone from Thurock to Man Utd is going after instant suceess

I agree with the points of this thread, and for me sorting transfers/reputation etc. should be the number one priority, even above the new match engine that's planned.

For me a major problem is selling and loaning out players. I've had players who don't earn a lot of money, but would be good players for playable teams in the nation, but the AI never bids, even when I offer them out for nothing. When they get released they might get signed, but can often drift into premature retirement. I'm guessing their reputation ends up being too high for their actual standard, but too low for the clubs they aspire to play for to take notice.

As for loaning out players, it just seems impossible to do when playing in some countries. I've played a game in Russia on FM2012, and I don't think I ever loaned out a player to a club that wasn't my feeder club. Even then the player who is desperate for some loan experience often refuses the move without giving a reason.

The AI will be having the same issues as human players no doubt, and I'm guessing the team Borgo a Buggiano the OP uses as an example have a truckload of players they can't get rid of. Some of those will admittedly be useless to anyone, but some will most likely be useful to some teams.

Finally, when I was playing in Russia, nearly every time the AI had a good youth prospect who was playing for Russia are U19 or U21 level, they'd end up transfer listed at some point before the age of 21. This was both normal transfer listing and by request. That was great for me as they'd end up released and I'd be able to sign them without competition. When you consider the teams have to have 5 Russian players on the pitch at any one time, this behaviour is insanity. I resigned from the job and holidayed a season at one point as a test, and the AI manager had transfer listed 2 of my brightest prospect who'd performed excellently for the first team. One of these was even a Russian international aged 20/21.

So yes, the whole area of transfers/reputation etc needs overhauling.

I have another point which is sort of related to this subject. Please stop the AI bidding for my players when there's a reason it's impossible for the deal to go through. I've just agreed to sell my transfer listed highest earner to a Chinese team. He agreed the move as well, and then it all fell through because they're not allowed to sign any more foreign players. :mad:

The AI also has a habit of bidding for players they can't afford, and seeing those deals fall through.

I have another point which is sort of related to this subject. Please stop the AI bidding for my players when there's a reason it's impossible for the deal to go through. I've just agreed to sell my transfer listed highest earner to a Chinese team. He agreed the move as well, and then it all fell through because they're not allowed to sign any more foreign players. :mad:

The AI also has a habit of bidding for players they can't afford, and seeing those deals fall through.

That's the part of the problem.AI doesn't recognize that it cannot sign another player,because it met quota/run out of money, etc...It's pretty much obvious that there aren't any conditions setup in programing for AI to follow, or there are just minimal ones.As the result we have AI that is suffering from serious obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to buying/signing.I could say even hoarding issue :) .

It appears that only condition in programing is for AI to keep up with the human.More human is succesive, more AI buy/sign....

Archived