How to increase staff wage allowance?

I want to sign an assistant Manager and am allowed to spend £2300 per week. He wants £2900 per week. My wage allowance is £400k p/w and I'm spending £150k p/w.

How can I increase what I'm allowed to spend on an assistant manager?

You can't increase it for one specific staff member, the wagelimit is fixed based on your wage allowance. Just like you can't give one player 250k even though you have 250k remaining in your wage budget. If you have excess transfer budget though, you can pump it into wages instead, giving you a higher wage limit. If it increases enough for the assistant to accept, sign him, then reset your transfer budget.

You can't increase it for one specific staff member, the wagelimit is fixed based on your wage allowance. Just like you can't give one player 250k even though you have 250k remaining in your wage budget. If you have excess transfer budget though, you can pump it into wages instead, giving you a higher wage limit. If it increases enough for the assistant to accept, sign him, then reset your transfer budget.

Thanks for the info... I knew that but hoped there was some other way. Sadly even increasing the wage budget to max doesn't influence what I can spend on an assistant. Perhaps a flaw in the game.

Why would you hire an assistant that likely would ruin your finances? Wouldn't you be better off signing better players?

Firstly, a prime ass man is worth his weight in gold; secondly he is 250K per week under budget..just how will that ruin his finances?

Archived