Anybody had their goalkeeper score?

I don't mean from like the penalty spot, from you sending them up for a corner perhaps? no real reason as to why i'm asking i'm just curious. I tend to send my goalkeeper up for a late corner if i need a goal but yet to have any luck with regards to them assisting in a goal or scoring themselves.

I remember I had a keeper once, and I saw in Genie Scout that he had 16 for heading. Along with 19 for jumping, I decided figured I'd send him up for corners at any point in the match, and he scored loads. Weirdly enough teams rarely ever actually scored against me on the counter attack when I did that either.

My keeper at Bristol City had just over 100 goals on FM10. Great penalty and free kick taker, and I think he scored about 5 or 6 from open play as well in a 15 year career. When I was England manager he scored 2 goals for me and also scored a winning penalty in a World Cup Quarter Final shootout. I'd put him in my top 3 FM cult heroes for sure.

FM08's My Big Fat Goalie can score more than yours...

The older threads have been deleted now but here were a few of my highights:

Most career goals - dafuge - Gylfi Juliusson - Kilmore Rec - 75

Most goals in a game - dafuge - Gylfi Juliusson - Kilmore Rec - 4

Most club goals in a season - dafuge - Gylfi Jiliusson - Kilmore Rec - 21

Pretty much every goal was from a free kick or penalty though.

I once had a keeper on FM11 who had the same name as a striker of mine. One match, I accidently fielded my keeper upfront and he did a pretty good job and even scored the 1-0 winner. It was very early in the match, so when I noticed it after he scored I thought 'why bother?' and let him play the whole match :D

Once, in FM 2008. Chimney Corner, Northern Irish 2nd Division. In a cup match, my 2nd string players were tied 1-1 with a non league side till extra time. Late in the extra time (118th or 119th min), my centre back passed the ball back to my goalkeeper, Andrew French. Under pressure, he kicked the ball upfield without hesitation. Surprisingly, the ball went all the way upfield and took a bounce before passing the goalkeeper into the back of the net! Sweet match winning goal, though it's a fluke :p

I once set up a team whilst not paying attention, and accidentally put the keeper up front (instead of as first substitute), doing the whole right-clicking thing. I only noticed my mistake when I saw his name flashing on the screen after scoring!

Although to be fair he had an unfair advantage over the other keepers here, given that he wasn't playing in goal.

In a previous FM game I had Scharwzer at Middlesbrough score direct from his box over Petr Cech to secure me a 2-1 win away at Chelsea. Was a magical moment although it was back in the days of 2D so my imagination probably made it look better then it ever possibly could in 3D. lol

How do you instruct your keeper to go up for corners when you are losing with only a matter of minutes left, or do they just do it at random?

I've seen it happen when losing, and we're on 'Overload'

The year Juventus were in Serie B, I managed them and needed a draw to win the league, losing 1-0 in stoppage time, Buffon comes up for a corner and nodded it in the corner perfectly!

I've also seen Alex Smithies score the winning goal in a World Cup quarter final from inside his own box! Wasn't the manager though, I'd looked at the game out of interest and saw the scorer and just had to watch the goal!

Archived