Champions league factor?

Correct me if i'm wrong, Dont we see in real life players picking clubs they sign with other others because one might offer them champions league football while the other most definitly wont? Shouldnt this kind of factor some how play out in FM? Would this make it way to easy to sign players ?

I dont think it is put into the game enough. I say this going on the fact that in my save, Tottenham has failed to qualify for the champions league for the first 4 years of FM and they still have a happy squad of original players like bale,modric,van der vaart etc. If this was IRL then i`d say more than a few would be wanting to leave after 4 yrs of no champions league football.

I dont think it is put into the game enough. I say this going on the fact that in my save, Tottenham has failed to qualify for the champions league for the first 4 years of FM and they still have a happy squad of original players like bale,modric,van der vaart etc. If this was IRL then i`d say more than a few would be wanting to leave after 4 yrs of no champions league football.

Is Harry still there? He does have a sweet tongue in enticing players on false promises. :p

Agreed, overall it's way too easy to hold on to players, and that sometimes benefits AI clubs like that.

The Champions League effect exists but is far too subtle in the game.

Archived