What are the benefits to Squad Loyalty?

I am planning on starting a game with United and signing absolutely no players. Focusing 100% on my youth system and current players. So any player who gets into my "first team" page can expect to play plenty of matches.

What benefits will i get from this? For example, will my squad work better together, have higher morale for longer (i normally drop in morale v quickly after a couple of losses), more loyal players, better backing from the fans or board, get a better reputation, youth team produce better players?

I've always signed players in every window, so it would be nice to know what I would get from remaining loyal to United's current players and youth system players. So anything would help. Thanks.

They will all know the language and need less time to bed in in that sense. You won't have you tactical familiarity dropping, which happens when new players join. Some of them will have the club as a favourite and work harder for it (though I don't know if this has been confirmed). The players will also have been in at the club for a long time and will be familiar with your press conferences/teamtalks and may even have you as favoured personnel. Loads of advantages, I'm sure there's even more that I haven't mentioned.

I had an amazing USA regen come through in my Portland game (Paul Wondolowski), over time my really good players would often say they'd want to move to bigger clubs after 2 seasons or so, Wondolowski never once complained, 6+ seasons with the team and could have easily walked into any first 11 in the world. May have been the fact that he was American at an American club or that he was my captain, but didn't have a perticularly high loyalty stat.

They will all know the language and need less time to bed in in that sense. You won't have you tactical familiarity dropping, which happens when new players join. Some of them will have the club as a favourite and work harder for it (though I don't know if this has been confirmed). The players will also have been in at the club for a long time and will be familiar with your press conferences/teamtalks and may even have you as favoured personnel. Loads of advantages, I'm sure there's even more that I haven't mentioned.

Tactical familiarity drops even in summer even if you bring in noone. I dont understand why SI programs it this way because the break is only about 6 weeks.

Here's a question: Is there a downside?

I build my squad so that it can be kept together from 5-10 years. That means kids come in between 17-21, very rarely are new players brought in to take someone else's place in the first XI. It lets players acclimatize, learn the language, learn the style of play at the club and the league, get to know their teammates, and generally I will know what the players are capable of long before they reach their peak.

Am currently 21-1-0 in the year 2040.

Archived