Ruling out uninterested players

They list "very interested". For players not quite as interested as that, they are less accurate. I don't know what else they take into account - the club's reputation, his value and wages? In any case, if anything contributes to him being better at this it must be JPA and JPP. And no, no assistant is 100% accurate with his filter.

I just wish that they would filter out players I have no chance of ever signing.

Playing the lower leagues in England, basically none of the non-EU players will have a chance of getting a work permit, unless they have an eligible second nationality. So why is the list full of canadians, australians and various carribeans with no extra nationality? ... I would never be able to get them signed.

I agree, I usually filter out non EU players but that doesn't stop my assistants or coaches recommending Adam street or dionatan texeria continuously. Yes both would be fantastic signings and both would be willing to join me at Mansfield but neither can get work permits.

I'd also like an "exclude rubbish players" option for scouting reports and player search...

I'm tired of navigating through dozens of terrible players and unbalanced one-trick-ponies while looking for a decent signing. I'm even more tired of getting recommendations about players who are clearly below our league.

Some sort of counter-shortlist, or black list, would make things easier and sleeker

The balance of playability vs realism sometimes is quite annoying. We should get an option to filter out players who won't sign. Not everyone has 20 hours per day available to play the game.

Absolutely brilliant comment...

... because the current scouting system takes 20 hours a day to handle...

The current scouting system does reward those who have the time to search through hundreds or thousands of players and look at each of their profiles though. You don't need to have any skill just time and patience if you want to find the best hidden bargains.

Yes, off course it's like that... You can't expect the every good prospect come crawling and offer their services... If you want a game with large DB and several leagues loaded there will be loads of bargains for the treasure hunters... Or you could just search for <16 year old players, mark them and scout them. Then sort for 3,5-5 star players and remove the rest from short list. It may be a bit gamey but it doesn't take long...

Off course. But even for a deliberate exaggeration it was way off. As described above it doesn't even take ½ hour.

Yeah I agree but people who work and have families are lucky to get an hour or two of game time in. They don't want to spend quarter to half of it scouting.

They don't have to. Just let the scouts do what they are paid to do... You don't need to use the gamey scouting tricks to get success.

I agree with this. A scout comes to you once a month or something, sometimes giving you high recommendations of 1-3 players. Looking through those three take you six extra clicks and 10-20 seconds.

If you make your own attribute filters which includes all the ones that are important, the player search function is actually quite efficient. With a little bit of practice you can spot one potential good signing per "page" of sorted players quite easily.

playersearchfilter.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a little game of "spot the talent". Who's up for it?!

by the 10-20 second rule I would go for Gajidos, maybe Lambi. would definitely take extra time to scout Acuha to see why he fits in the filtered search

Yeah of those, it is only Gajdos who is a rare type. The other ones, including Araujo, Atzuri and Carlos, are all quick poacher-type strikers that you can expect constitutes the vast majority of high-potential/CA strikers 10 years in. In other words, pace and finishing aren't rare skills in the future. What is rare is actual football intelligence; anticipation, creativity, decisions, determination, composure, concentration, passing, technique - and also team-player skills like Aggression, Bravery, Team Work and Work Rate. If you start by the 5th vertical column and look for non-weak attributes (for a teenager), Gajdos is the only one that will become a well rounded, intelligent footballer who can contribute in most - if not all phases of play.

+3 to 5 in every attribute will make him absolute world class. The rest of them will still be fairly limited footballers even with that boost, perhaps with the exception of Carlos.

I thought players with hidden stats wouldn't show up on filters, even if their stat matched the filter. But glad that they do ... makes looking through the list a lot easier.

The list shows strikers at the age of 17 max. All the other options are greyed out.

The list shows strikers at the age of 17 max. All the other options are greyed out.

Yes and it is sorted by value, so no magical attribute filtering here...

It is a good idea to use "partially", though. Many more players with the right attribute combinations show up, especially for attacking positions. Most strikers are limited poacher types, so when looking for them I tend to have better luck with the "all attacking midfielders" filter.

I guess I should read the screenshot better :D

Was optimistic and tried filtering at home, but of course hidden stats didn't show in the filters.

Archived