New Player Needing Help!

So I started off as PSV and we were doing well, and then I had a lot of injuries for a month and drew a lot of games and lost some in the Europa League so all my player's morale went down, and they aren't playing well. I tried doing team talks but they always have a negative response even in pep talks when they win and play a good game they get upset when I tell them they play well. Any advice on how to get their morale up? I'm also having trouble scoring and I'm drawing a lot of games 1-1 any advice for that?

Sounds like you have a low rep compared to the players you are managing.

Personally I always talk to my players calmly before a match and at half time (passionately when subbed). If my players seem to be complacent during the match and we win I either calmly tell them not to be complacent or calmly saying nothing. Also if we doesn't have a secure victory when I believe we should have.

But there's no 100% right or wrong. You need to find out what works for you. What I've wrote above works for me because a) very seldom I see negative results and b) it's easy.

If you still find it a problem and seriously don't know what to do try to use the advice from one of your coaches or your ass man for a prolonged period. Use the same person. That person must at least be very good at motivating. I am not sure but probably a good man management skill (and maybe even discipline) as well will be fine.

Get an Assistant that is good at motivating and man management, and if he has a decent reputation that will help as well. Let him handle team talks and press conferences.

The best way to get your reputation to improve is to start at a small team and work your way up, whereas other players will give their manager a higher reputation to start with (almost like a game difficulty setting, IMO).

Talk to each of your players individually the day before a game. Praise or criticize their performance in the previous match (as appropriate). You should see a bump in morale for most of them almost immediately. The game won't let you do this for every player in every match (and it takes a bit of work) but it's a very effective way to maintain high morale.

Archived