How does the game determine the European Competitions Ranking?

What affects the reputation of the competitions in Europe?

I ask this because as manager of Fiorentina I won 14 Champions League Titles in 21 years, often playing my closest rivals Juventus in the latter stages, with the other bigger italian clubs often making the knockout rounds in both European competitions. However, the Serie A consistently fluctuated between 2nd and 3rd, behind the premiership.

5 years ago, I left fiorentina and started as a new manager, anyway, this season, both european competitions were won by teams in the Premiership, Arsenal and Tottenham, beating Atletico Madrid and FC Bayern respectively, and yet FM chose this season to rank Serie A as best league in Europe.

Also, since I left fiorentina, the quality of their team has declined considerably, yet they still beat the teams in the league, so my guess is it won't be average squad CA either. Can anyone explain this, because as far as I can, it's random. If it based on club performance in Europe, whether in the previous season or the previous five, then this should not have been the season Serie A became the most reputable.

Cheers.

Well, I made £126m a season at fiorentina in sponsorships, which was almost definitely the highest in Europe, and that won't have gone down. It would have made sense to me if italy were top at the time, but for them to be now, just doesn't seem right. It just seems a random moment based on what I thought would effect the rankings, for this switch to happen.

Cheers for the reply though Barside, you're probably right as it goes.

Cheers, I thought that was the case. But I was at fiorentina for 21 years, and was successful for that entire period and never once did Serie A overtake the premier league, then the season English teams overachieved in european competition, the switch happened. Still doesn't really make sense to me as a system unfortunately.

Archived