How to manage Saint Lucia?

I've tried pretty much done everything to make them playable but I just haven't been able to. Does anyone know if it's possible? If so, what do I need to do? Maybe someone has done the same thing with another small nation? I'm pretty sure that there should be enough players available to be able to manage them but I'm just having a lot of trouble to make it work. I've customised the database to include players of St Lucian nationality, players based in St Lucia, current international players - the lot. It still doesn't work. The thing that puzzles me is the fact that there seems to be enough St Lucian players in the game. For example, Aston Villa have a young St Lucian defender called Janoi Donacien but he doesn't seem to be included in the St Lucia squad at all. How can I make these sort of players available?

Even if it's not possible to use real players, is there a way of doing it with fake players?

If anyone's wondering why I'm really keen to manage St Lucia then it's because my mum and dad got married there when I was little and it's a real nice place. I thought it would be a good idea to manage them because it's a very small nation and they haven't ever had much success.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

I think there has to be a set amount of St Lucian players to be able to make them a playable nation. I'm not sure of that amount but at a quick guess, I'd say there aren't enough yet. I think if you load all St Lucian players in your next game. Eventually, they may become playable. Have a look through the editor to see how many St Lucian players are in the database or could be in the database at the start of the game :thup:.

Thanks for your quick reply, mate. How do I do that then? I tried searching for all players who have St Lucia as their nation but it didn't bring up Janoi Donacien, which has confused me considering that his only nationality is St Lucian. Am I searching wrong? :confused:

Edit: Sorry. I've just noticed that he is there. It says there's only seven available players. Surely there's more than that in the whole database? :(

Did you use the editor? How old is Janoi Donacien? I'd take a guess that through the editor you should be able to search all players who have St Lucian as their first nationality and all players who have St Lucian as their second nationality. You could see how many there are. I'm sure there is a set figure that makes a national team playable. I'm not sure on what number that is. I know San Marino or one of the other lesser nations doesn't become available if you don't have the required amount until after a season or 2. I'm sure SCIAG posted what the number was before when I asked this question about another national team.

Once you've found out how many players there are. You could go through all the players with St Lucian nationality as their second nationality and set them so that they will play for St Lucia instead of being declared for England or whatever nation. That would help but could be a long process. You could then, if that doesn't work. Create some St Lucian national players and see if that would work. It would take away from the realism a little bit but if you made it fair, then it would be fun still I guess. Again, this could be a long process.

What about converting all the dual national players would. How many more would that give you?

This is what I've found by searching for first and second nations...

Nation:

Phil Ifil (Kettering Town)

Halim Krammer (Sportverein Aspern)

Cowin Mathurin (Antigua Barracuda FC)

Janoi Donacien (Aston Villa)

Elijah Joseph (Willams Connection)

Sheldon Emmanuel (Unattached)

Earl Jean (San Juan Jabloteh Sports Club)

Second Nation:

Jerel Ifil (Kettering Town)

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)

Anton Ferdinand (Queens Park Rangers)

Michael Husbands (Unattached)

Junior Stanislas (Burnley)

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (Ipswich Town)

Nathan Paul (Unattached)

Liam George (Unattached)

Well Rio wouldn't be able to play. It looks like creating players would be the only solution.

Yeah, I know. It doesn't seem as though there's enough players to manage them. Why is it that you're able to load players from teams in other smaller nations,such as Cook Islands, yet you can't with St Lucia?

Archived