Other clubs approaching my staff

Okay, they've drawn the line now - Newcastle United keep making offers for my best staff and it's really ******* me off that i have to bump up wages to keep them. I don't know how I've wronged them - they've taken the Premiership title off me and now they won't be content until they've taken my coaching staff!

Surely this kind of thing seldom happens IRL, let alone a new approach every couple of days for a different member of staff. Even other clubs were trying to get in on the act and it's really annoying that it happens in one go all at the same time. It happened with a few other clubs a few seasons ago and now it's happening again. And speaking of transfers, the AI is also annoying in that Im expected to pay exorbitant fees in excess of 5X what a player is worth, but the computer thinks it can offer exactly what a player is worth and have their bid accepted? Please...

Staff movement has been annoying for a good few versions now, I'm yet to see one of my backroom team turn down an approach on any version of FM if I do not offer them a new contract but I've had it happen to me when I've offered a contract to a coach who initially considered my contract offer acceptable.

Staff movement has been annoying for a good few versions now, I'm yet to see one of my backroom team turn down an approach on any version of FM if I do not offer them a new contract but I've had it happen to me when I've offered a contract to a coach who initially considered my contract offer acceptable.

I would bet that the ai club offered the coach a new deal after your offer.

I checked & they didn't, I was asking him to change from coach to youth coach which the game mistakenly treats as a less important role in the world of coaching.

One: Offer your coach a new contract, try to limit it to a 10% raise, and extend the years to the max. This way your coach is likely to resign, w/o you breaking the bank, but also, when he does get poached away one day (perhaps inevitable?) you will get a larger compensation, due to the length of time remaining on their contract.

Two: Sign a member of the coaching staff from Newcastle (obv. the coaches who have just defected won't be coming back, though). Aah, revenge!

Archived