Second halves fairly poor?

Hey I need some help. A lot of my games my players (team is Newcastle) does pretty good on first half, but on second half their performance drop. For example, I'm beating Man City 4-1 on first half and game finishes 4-2. Also happened with Middlesbrough who I'm beating 2-0 on first half and game ends as 3-3. It has happened with a couple other games.

Any recommendations on what I should tell them on half-time, or if I should change some of the tactics or anything?

Also I need a fairly good, not too expensive defender.

Hey I need some help. A lot of my games my players (team is Newcastle) does pretty good on first half, but on second half their performance drop. For example, I'm beating Man City 4-1 on first half and game finishes 4-2. Also happened with Middlesbrough who I'm beating 2-0 on first half and game ends as 3-3. It has happened with a couple other games.

Any recommendations on what I should tell them on half-time, or if I should change some of the tactics or anything?

Also I need a fairly good, not too expensive defender.

I have a similar experience. I often go into halftime 3-4 goals up but by full time I lose or its a draw.

What I do now is if Iam leading by 2 or more goals I change tactics to a more defensive game. First half is attack, second is defence..it seems to throw the opposition off. Its like they work out your first half tactic and counter it. Throw them off by doing something different....went on a 26 game winning streak.

It might well be your team-talk. You aren't motivating them enough. Just saying 'pleased' will cause them to cruise.

There are detailed tips on h/t talks on the tactics board and certain fansites.

In brief, if you are 1-0 up go for 'encourage'. If you are 2-0 up, those forward players on 8 should get a 'have faith' remark to keep them going.

I too also have the same problem.

We can go into the break 3 or 4 nil up, and look like world beaters, but the second half always seems the same. We very rarely score, and look like a complete different team.

I haven't read the detailed team talk bit, but may do if the same regulaly happens.

Archived