Mexico - weird board confidence

So I'm managing in Mexico as Toros Neza, who have a media prediction of 11th (out of 16) and board expectations of fighting bravely against relegation.

For those that don't know, in Mexico they have effectively two seasons within a season - the Opening Stage and the Closing Stage. In each stage, the top 7 finishers go into a playoff, and the winner of the playoff wins that stage. After the Closing Stage, the winners of the two stages go head to head in the Promotion Playoff.

Anyway, I have just finished the Opening Stage, and I exceeded expectations, finishing 2nd in the table but losing in the semi finals of the playoffs. During the mid-season break, I went to the confidence screen and the board said they were disappointed in my performance as manager. The low point is clearly the team's awful performance in the Opening Stage.

On the board confidence - Competitions screen, there are two boxes, one for Promotion League Open (The Opening Stage of the Promotion League) and one for Promotion League Close (The Closing Stage). Now in the box for the Promotion League Open, it says "The team were expected to bravely fight against relegation in Promotion League Open. The board are very disappointed that the team did not make it to the Opening Stage of the Promotion League Open.......

Basically, this is the equivalent of losing the Blue Square Premier playoff semi-final when you were expected to fight relegation, and the board saying that they are disappointed that we didn't qualify for the League Table of the Blue Square Premier, which is clearly nonsensical.

Has anybody else had a similar problem in Mexico? If so, what ended up happening? Or is it just something that's broken in my save game or something? I have been playing for around 22 seasons and only added the Mexican leagues in the last couple of years. Thanks for any answers.

Archived