Football Assistant Manager

I've just been appointed as a manager of a new club and having checked out my squad, negotiated with the board to look for a new Parent club etc I decided to go on holiday and allow my assistant manager to take charge for the first game which had been due to take place on the first day of my new job (not unlike a lot of Premiership managers who will watch the first match from the sidelines before taking charge if they've been appointed mid-season).

However on my return from holiday, I was shocked to see that my position had been changed to "Assistant Manager" and they had appointed another manager above me. I wasn't able to do anything - buy players, choose match squads - absolutely nothing!

PaulScholeyOverview_Home.png

Luckily I'd saved the game before taking charge and you'll probably all tell me it was my own stupid fault for going on holiday on my first day in the job but I was just wondering whether anybody else had seen this!

I was once England boss and somehow ended up Physio at Halifax at the same time.

Weirdly, when I resigned, the Halifax manager resigned instead of me. I had to apply for the job and get it (news story said promoted from Physio to Manager) and then resign again...

I've not seen anything in all my time playing FM either, at least you had a backup save. That is absolutely bizarre though and I had to laugh at this, thanks. :)

Has this sort of thing been reported in the bugs forum?

I once appointed Roberto Mancini as Assistant Manager when I was manager of Chelsea and he became manager along with me bizarelly rather than just my assistant. - looking at the staff list the club had two managers - myself and Roberto! Wasn't quite what I had in mind so I went back to a previous save.

Archived