Improving facilities?

I'm currently managing 1860 Munich and have convinced the board that we need to improve our youth and training facilities. I was informed that this would cost around £6m and be ready in a few months.

I went to check the facilities over at our fierce rivals, Bayern, and it just so happens that they have planned improvements for both youth and training facilities too. What gives? Are we sharing the same facilities (as well as the stadium) or is this just a coincidence?

t98b9c.jpg

344blkx.jpg

Btw, don't upgrade your training facilities and youth facilities at the same time as they seemed to be bugged, at least it seems so to me. In my current save I've upgraded them both with the same completion date two times, both times only one of the facilities actually got upgraded, the other one didn't, I confirmed this with FM scout program

Thanks for both comments.

@White Flag: I'm sure you're right, must be coincidence. Just getting paranoid!

@PPPPPPPPPPPP10: Thanks for the tip - too late for me now though. Will post back on here to let you know what happens in-game. Will keep my fingers crossed!

Btw, don't upgrade your training facilities and youth facilities at the same time as they seemed to be bugged, at least it seems so to me. In my current save I've upgraded them both with the same completion date two times, both times only one of the facilities actually got upgraded, the other one didn't, I confirmed this with FM scout program

Thankfully I don't seem to have had this problem. Both have upgraded, which is a relief!

6pnp8o.jpg

I then returned to the board and asked to further upgrade the youth facilities which, surprisingly, was accepted.

Any thoughts on how this works? Is there anything above 'State of the Art'?

Might this involve a youth academy?

As with everything else in FM training facilities are measured on a scale from 1-20. Perhaps your youth facilities are on 19 thus categorised as State of the Art. You can then upgrade to 20 but it'll still be in the same category. And I don't believe it's worth it. I once upgraded 3 years in a row - a waste of money :)

Archived