Danish clubs` finances

Hello guys!

Hope there are some people on this forum who can explain me why starting balance of most clubs in Denmark is so low. For example i`m managing Viborg FF and its starting balance is about -5000000$

i havent looked through any real life financial accounts, but as im from denmark i know a little bit about, how poor the clubs finances are. In generel it doesnt look good for the danish clubs and their economy There are a few clubs who does a decent job financially, but more often then not, its the exact opposite.

A lot of the clubs are cutting back and slimming down their administration and squads.

As viborg is in the 2 best league, the income is quite low, but the danish wages are quite high and thats a bad combination. It wasnt that long ago, that viborg played in the best division and we all know the costs of being relegated irl, a relegation can have a detrimental effect on a club. So being relegated and adjusting their organisation to meet the lesser income takes time and my guess would be, that over the years viborg havent quite been able to adjust properly or they are being irresponsible like a lot of others seem to be.

As far as I know, all the Danish clubs are making a lose (though I believe FCN just reported a small profit, but they did win the league and are a relatively smaller club), even some of the big clubs due to poor financial decisions. I want to say the figures in-game are based of public accounts published online.

Thanks for your replies guys!

But so huge negative balance...if someone have experience of playing in Denmark - how can i improve financial situation in short term period(2-3 years)?

The only short term way of making money in Denmark is buying youth players and developing them for 1-2 years (until they are 19-20 years old) and selling them for 5-6 times their listed value. This can only be done by low rep clubs, but most clubs (except FC København) start out with low rep.

When your team reach a high rep you can't get more than 3-4 times the listed value in my experience. Though, their listed value will get higher as well as your club rep will influence player rep (playing in Europe).

And as always, qualify for champions league will net you a good sum.

Personally whenever I start a game with a poor club, fill any gaps in your squad with cheap(ish) free agents only, don't buy any players and focus on using the next season or two using the squad you got, if you do half decent, you'll increase their value and peak interest in the market for those players. I've sold some really poor players to big clubs for decent amounts (nothing huge, a few hundred thousand, but enough to bring in better replacements) following a decent season, much more than they would have got if I tried to sell them at the start of the game, many who wouldn't have got any interested buyers.

During that season or so, I use my scouting network to find as many good regens as possible who I can bring in on the cheap and often lower wages (often in Africa, Eastern Europe, anywhere else and they are unlikely to leave or require large fees and salary), also watch out for free agent regens, some clubs let some real gems go. Develop those and you can sell them for millions. Then use excess money to upgrade stadium, training and youth facilities. Repeat.

Viggo Vickers, Sikker thank you mates. I think the same as you. But at the moment im worrying about how can i`ll build squad if i even haven`t enough money to sign free agents because of wages.

So if anyone played with teams from 1st division or lower, how are u coped with poor financial situation in first one or two years? And is there chance that new chairman can arrive to the club and buy debts or take credit?

P.S. Sorry for mistakes if they exist. My english is not perfect.

Well, if you haven't got a coin to waste on wages you need to free up some. You'll need to get rid of deadwood and overpaid players. That can be difficult and expensive if they are on long contracts. So try first with players on short and cheap contracts (e.g. 1 year remaining, youth or part time contracts).

If you stumble across a 4-5 star young player and can sign him because you haven't got room in your wage budget try to sign him as 'key player'. That way you are allowed to offer him more. You'll play him anyway so he can increase his attributes and you can sell him after a few years with major profits.

If you can then send a scout to Eastern Europe as you can get potentially good, cheap young players from there. Africa is also a good place to get cheap good players from, but I doubt you can send scouts so far away do to costs.

Else, using the scouting tool and filter for young players (<20 years) and scout those.

There's always a chance that a new chairman/owner arrive and clear debts/inject money, but I wouldn't rely on it.

Archived