SI - need your help regarding steam..

got a new computer, as the old broke down and tried to install fm2012 on my new machine, but apparently i need some sort of code. The code should´ve been sent to my mail, but i havent recieved one and on saturday i tried to contact steam support regarding the problem, but havent had a reply to any of the questions i sent to steam support.

I didnt buy my game from steam, steam is something that comes with the product, a product you have responsibility for and i really dont see anything reasonable in, me not being able to play my game. A game, that i paid for with my money, just because i got a new computer. It doesnt make any sense what so ever.!

I dont know if steam support doesnt work weekends, but after waiting 2 days for a code, im running out of patience.

As i said its your product, i bought it, cant play it and therefore im looking for you to step up and help me out.

"some sort of code"

what is that supposed to mean? if there is something steam asks you for that you don't understand at least try to type exactly what steam is asking you for, because i doubt the message was "please enter some sort of code"

you could play fm before you got a new pc?

ok then the solution is simple as hell. log into the same steam account that you used before on your old pc and the game should be still there in your game list, you just need to redownload it then.

• SI Staff

The e-mail he is being sent I assume is the one that's linked to Steam Guard - basically makes sure that if someone does hack your Steam account on another computer - they'd also have to have access to your e-mail account to activate it. Make sure the e-mail your checking is the one that you signed up for Steam with - and then best double check it hasn't been considered junk mail.

Buy from Steam; you will never lose your game. Steam is your friend.

i cant log onto steam mate, my new computer isnt registered at steam and i need a code to do that. Apparently a matter of national security, since its taking so long

"some sort of code"

what is that supposed to mean? if there is something steam asks you for that you don't understand at least try to type exactly what steam is asking you for, because i doubt the message was "please enter some sort of code"

you could play fm before you got a new pc?

ok then the solution is simple as hell. log into the same steam account that you used before on your old pc and the game should be still there in your game list, you just need to redownload it then.

new computer needs to be registered at steam, i need a code for that,

your second question is already answered in the OP, in the first line and the first 9 words

The e-mail he is being sent I assume is the one that's linked to Steam Guard - basically makes sure that if someone does hack your Steam account on another computer - they'd also have to have access to your e-mail account to activate it. Make sure the e-mail your checking is the one that you signed up for Steam with - and then best double check it hasn't been considered junk mail.

exactly.

i changed my mail address on steam, as i couldnt gain access to my old mail, so that shouldnt be a problem. Let´s just say it wasnt done properly, the change of mails that is. It still shouldnt take over 2 days to get help through steam and correct the problem it causes.

As i said in my opening post, i didnt buy steam, steam comes with the territory, but if i cant get the help i need through steam, i have to look at it from another pov. I will have to look at where who´s responsible for the fact, that steam is even in the game and ruining it for me and that responsibility is si´s, therefore it would seem logical that they tried to assist me in my personal mission impossible :)

Don't Steam and Steam Support run on different sign-ups, meaning you'd need to change your address on both?

Note: I'm not sure if this is actually how it's done.

you are correct in your assumption ackter.

I have changed mail on both.

we could play with the idea of me screwing my mail change up or that steam technology somehow messed up the registration, but that still leaves me with an unsolved problem. Which, if we are being honest, really shouldnt take over 2 days and still counting, to solve.

okay i tried to recreate my account and steam should´ve sent me another email, so im definetly leaning towards that something went wrong, when i tried to change mail on my steam account

played the game at at friends house some time ago, and at his house there were´nt any problems, so i called him and he could actually still log onto my steam account and he then changed the mail to my current one. So we are now 100% sure that the mail address is correct, BUT i still havent recieved my steam guard mail, so im able to play the game.

i´ve never had any issues with steam, so im not experienced in this area. Is it the norm for them, to take several days to answer mails, mails sent to steam support.?

weird and a bit annoying that this is happening, especially as my gilrfriend is on vacatio. I was really looking forward to and counting on, that i could be extremely white and nerdy throughout the entire week. Playing fm and watching the euro´s :)

Archived