When should you replace a poacher?

Basically I have this poacher who cant really play any other position and his pace has started to decline. 18 months ago was 19 now 17, even with extra training to improve his pace( I wanted to stall the decline) . I was wondering as he is a leading EPL scorer , was getting 60-70 a season consistenly , now 50, and hasnt had any injuries . Should I keep him ( i do have a replacement , only worry for him is injury proneness, got injured, first game back got injured again, but now 10 games back hasnt been injured (yet!)? Or sell him when his value is high, money isnt really a huge issue but I like to run a balanced budget and he is on bigish wages for a sub?

Is he a sub at the moment? If so, I'd replace him (and his high wages) for a young talent and cash in on him while you still can. 50 goals a season should get you a lot of millions anyway.

However, it depends a bit on the context. If he's a club man, I'd keep him anyway I guess, to settle him into the staff once his career is over.

He is a club man , been there 9 seasons or so now 30. And coach wise im full with good coaches so I am not sure where he would fit in :/. And regarding the other roles, im not sure hes creative enough for Treq or DLF , with realy his finishing , composure , off the ball combined with his pace striker really with not much else being standout.

Why would you replace someone scoring 50 goals a season?, especially if money is no issue.

Cause I feel the replacement is in the squad and his stats + attributes declining, but I was wondering with this decline should I let him go now(summer window) or wait a year

Sell him! :)

Time for the next generation! Honestly, there is no wrong decision here. But I always have one eye on the future, and if the replacement is already in the squad but in need of development then either start giving the replacement more playing time, or cash in on the veteran.

Only concern is injury proneness. And the poacher was playing at AML(really well as well) so he is getting time butnot upfront forming a partnership

Im wondering if ant EPL striker should be scoring 50+ goals a season. SI please work on defensive AI.

All competitions. I think his best was 35-40 in the league. Was about 1 a game.

He used to be on 1.5-1.75 depending on easy draws for competitions.

All competitions. I think his best was 35-40 in the league. Was about 1 a game.

He used to be on 1.5-1.75 depending on easy draws for competitions.

Why get rid of him when he is still performing? That kind of consistency is hard to come by.

Why get rid of him when he is still performing? That kind of consistency is hard to come by.

Cause the last season he was less consistent compared to what he was , with lots of goals v.weak side and not performing in the big games, got sent off a couple of times . And the guy at AML got a 1:1 ratio almost with assists as well

I would try and get his wages down, if possible and use him as the back up if not then cash in if the replacement will do a better job.

I was thinking of back up, but will stats not decline even quicker if he doesnt play? Would it be worth getting another prospect in if thats the case? And over a new contract I would think he would go higher until last few months where I would lose him on a free ( i think his contract only has one more year) and doesnt want to be a coach/scout etc, so his future value is diminished in that sense?

I normally try and get wages down by giving them higher bonuses, you could always use the other guy you have and then bring in a prospect.

I would have the other player as your main striker, then use your veteran as back up but have him tutoring your prospect then once the veteran retires your main striker will be declining and your prospect will be ready for the first team, so you can then bring in a new prospect and rinse and repeat.

Archived