• SI Staff

This is something we've looked at and it'd take up a lot of system memory and mean we'd have to simplify the game which we'd prefer not to do.

We'll look at it again in the future though I'm sure and if we can improve the compression used then maybe one day it'll be present ...

because, the actual custom track player would take up space on the UMD, space which could be better used for the actual game database...

a game like GTA can afford this space because the game is that big the actual space just to add the custom track player would be minimal.

<lets end this discussion now, no music in FMH08, feel free to make a "ideas for FMH09 thread and mention it in there">

Hmm. When Marc speaks about "memory" doesn't he mean the memory of the PSP which you could compare to a PC's. Like the PC has 1 gigabyte DDR-RAM memory and the PSP has like 32mb or something like that? In stead of diskspace which mightyowl is talkin about?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is something we've looked at and it'd take up a lot of system memory and mean we'd have to simplify the game which we'd prefer not to do.

We'll look at it again in the future though I'm sure and if we can improve the compression used then maybe one day it'll be present ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that not enough for you??

Hmm. I think you're not getting my point. Marc was talking about memory and you were talkin about space on the UMD. I just wanna know which of the two is the real problem. I'm guessing it's the memory because a friend of mine says the game is only 28mb big as a cso. (Update ripped, Im still trying to get him to just buy the game)

So thats all I want to know...

Wasn't trying to offend you or anyoneicon_frown.gif

• SI Staff

Feddemaster is correct its the internal memory on the PSP and not the UMD which is the problem with playing MP-3's.

The PSP has 32Mb of internal RAM of which approximately 23Mb is available to a game, streaming would take a large chunk out of this available RAM and unfortunately that would mean we'd have to remove something from the game presently to allow it to be implemented.

We do however improve the compression used in the game each year and hopefully one day will be able to implement this sort of thing (and when we do I'd like a proper GUI interface into it ala Itunes - but I might be dreaming now icon_wink.gif).

Archived