"Nottm Forest don't really look like title contenders to me"

Despite the fact that we need 4 points from our final 6 games to guarantee we win the title. Nice one Southgate.

What can you really say to such lunacy? There's no point in having comments from other managers if each one seems to be selected at random and has absolutely no relation to what is actually going on in the league.

Minor gripe I know, but it's annoying that every single time a manager makes a comment in the press you can dismiss it out of hand as their remarks seem to be generated randomly.

I notice managers try to say things to rile me up, or 'scare' me, of course it doesn't work, and I don't even bother replying any more! While I used to try to play the odd mind game and always drive a tough bargain with agents I have now gone in the opposite direction, not paying any attention to the ravings of lunatic managers, and pretty much giving agents what they want, in hopes of developing a decent relationship with them. There is one agent from Brazil who controls maybe 5 or 6 top players (many on my squad, but will have to renew eventually) and another African agent who controls a lot of the top African talents, and being on their bad side (and trying to get back in their good graces) cost me a lot of money, and a player at the peak of his career.

I have enough cash in the bank from years of frugality that this approach makes sense :)

You build relationships with agents? What? I never knew that existed.

If you agree a negotiation in the first or second attempt, their opinion of you improves slightly, and there is a chance their demands will be lower the next time you are in a negotiation with them. Take lots of attempts, and they turn into agents from hell who will screw you over in negotiations.

Sometimes my coaches can't count either, they tell me the number of points I need to win is wrong.

This happens all the time if it's close and their are 2 or 3 teams in it - sometimes they have to play each other. They can't both get 3 points if they are playing each other...

I think most would agree the media interaction with managers needs a complete overhaul (or be removed entirely), both in terms of what managers say and when they say it.

Agreed- I have just had another manager doubting my teams ability to win the league, just after having won it!

Being told that your team would be better served if they took more shots after humping a team 6-0 is also very annoying, not being able to reply to a manager's specific comments is unforgivable.

I'd rather it was properly ignorable, currently it's just another news item I have to scroll past* to get to something I'm interested in reading. I want to be able to ignore news items and then have similar ones in the future sent to a different mail inbox. FML did this perfectly.

*this refers to most news items, I only read about 1 in 5.

Agreed- I have just had another manager doubting my teams ability to win the league, just after having won it!

Reporter: How do you feel about your opponents in this coming match?

Manager: Contrary to popular belief, I don't see them as the most dangerous team out there. In fact, I doubt that they are even capable of winning the league.

Reporter: Are you aware that your opponents have recently secured the league title?

Manager: ..........

Reporter: Excuse me. I'm going to need an answer to that question.

Manager: This press conference is over.

Yep. Sounds about right.

It's unlikely, most people hated that change.

You ended up missing out on everything that was going on in the footballing world.

With the current subscription system I think it could work, no excuses for missing out on global news items because you get exactly what you asked for & just like any email account items under both tabs would be marked as unread/read.

With the current subscription system I think it could work, no excuses for missing out on global news items because you get exactly what you asked for & just like any email account items under both tabs would be marked as unread/read.

I'd rather the FML system, where everything comes to your inbox unless you mark it for deliverance into a different inbox.

People then see what they want to see.

I think that's a system I've mentioned previously as it basically replicates how I used outlook at work, if it worked on FML then I see no reason why it can't be easily transferred to FM.

FML and FM are vastly different in a lot of ways. The only bits that transfer easily were those designed to work in both.

It can, and should, be done though. A few FML features have made the jump across to FM, and there's still loads of great features that should be scavenged and brought over.

Not rewards points though, no way.

Yep. tbh I wouldn't mind seeing Press Conferences taken out entirely. I understand that they exist to add realism, but they're extremely tedious and often really, really stupid.
The problem at the moment is that they massively detract from the realism. Not quite sure how but I have persevered with every press conference and am now nearly 15 years into the game, and when you are having the same questions being asked for literally the 1000th time, it gets a bit grating to say the least. Would have no problems with them scrapping it in it's current state. It really is diabolical and stands out a mile.

Archived