Year 2023 And no good players coming through?

I've played 15 season so far in FM12 with liverpool and im on Season 3 with Widzew Lodz. At liverpool ive never gotten even half decent kid come into my academy and i always keep it upgraded as well as keeping my network expanded. In FM11 I got kids worth developing all the time.

Quite an immature reply m8.

I mean in the game as a whole not just at my club.

Whats makes you say that?

What part of the game is giving you the impression that there are no good youngsters?

Would also help if you stated what team you are and what country/division/level you are playing at.

Whats makes you say that?

What part of the game is giving you the impression that there are no good youngsters?

Would also help if you stated what team you are and what country/division/level you are playing at.

The whole game is giving me this impression!

Can you not read???

The whole game is giving me this impression!

Can you not read???

and you called Ackter immature :rolleyes:

Obviously something is giving you the impression, what is it? Scout reports?, attributes? your youth intake? what?

If you want advice give us more information, if you can't be bothered neither can I, your loss!

and you called Ackter immature :rolleyes:

Obviously something is giving you the impression, what is it? Scout reports?, attributes? your youth intake? what?

If you want advice give us more information, if you can't be bothered neither can I, your loss!

Not being funny pal but can't ackter speak for himself?

Or are you his best buddy,his little tag along?

Anyway its the potential ability of the kids/players coming into the game via scout reports 98% of them are getting

two stars max on potential ability.

So my original question was is there anyway of improving the players coming into the game as a whole

NOT just at my club.

Thanks.

Scout reports are relative to your current squad, so if you have a massively talented squad, very few players will get more than 2 or 3 stars.

Also, chill and be a little more respectful to other forum users please.

Scout reports are relative to your current squad, so if you have a massively talented squad, very few players will get more than 2 or 3 stars.

Also, chill and be a little more respectful to other forum users please.

Thanks for your reply.

Also, mods are here to moderate the forum not you.

You've not really given anyone enough information about the game for people to advise you. If you were a lower prem team then yes your save has a lot of bad youth players but if you have a team of the worlds best 20 odd players then a 2 star scout report probably means they will become one of the best players in the league just not good enough for your team. Scout reports are relative to your squads ability these 2 star potential players are probably 5 star potential players for lower teams.

Youth players will generally have low star ratings because they are being compared to your entire playing staff, you need to look beyond the star rating & pay attention to the attributes.

After 30 seasons on my save & nearly 20 at one club I had half a dozen top class players come through my youth system which is IMHO on par for most top tier sides, there are also plenty of quality youngsters being developed across the gameworld.

Also, mods are here to moderate the forum not you.

btw forum's should to an extent self-moderate, if someone is acting out of line then it shouldn't be solely down to the mods to say something.

It's your tactics.

In all seriousness though, coach/scout reports on players potential (especially very young players) are far more likely to be undershot than overshot based on PA alone. If you do actually try and develop your youth academy players, tutor them, etc, a lot will actually become better than first anticipated. I'm not saying they'll become World beaters or anything of the sort, but a bit of effort can go a long way. It is true that sometimes you can just have rotten luck with regard to academy graduates, but in from what Widzew has said, that he never had a half-decent one in 15 years at Liverpool, I highly doubt that's true. He'd have had at least two Premier League quality potential player in those years but probably let them slip through the cracks.

You've not really given anyone enough information about the game for people to advise you. If you were a lower prem team then yes your save has a lot of bad youth players but if you have a team of the worlds best 20 odd players then a 2 star scout report probably means they will become one of the best players in the league just not good enough for your team. Scout reports are relative to your squads ability these 2 star potential players are probably 5 star potential players for lower teams.

Good post.

I took the barca job 3 years ago and winning everything with ease.

Youth players will generally have low star ratings because they are being compared to your entire playing staff, you need to look beyond the star rating & pay attention to the attributes.

After 30 seasons on my save & nearly 20 at one club I had half a dozen top class players come through my youth system which is IMHO on par for most top tier sides, there are also plenty of quality youngsters being developed across the gameworld.

btw forum's should to an extent self-moderate, if someone is acting out of line then it shouldn't be solely down to the mods to say something.

Its a free forum and i understand what your saying but if you cannot add anything constructive to the thread why post.

(not directed at your orginal post) :)

I have the same problem. No good youngsters coming through any more. Not just for my team, there's a global drought when it comes to talent. This season I've been reloading saves over an over again to see if I can get any good youngsters to come through. Most of the time I'm left every disappointed. It seems for every new version of FM I'm finding less and less talents. It seems like the devs have been nerfing this more and more over the years, and it's making the game a lot more boring than it should be.

I've bought every version since '07 now, but if this doesn't get fixed I might just go back to playing '07 were I actually found quite a decent amount of good young players. As it is, this is taking a lot of the fun out of the game the more your save file progresses. It gets to the point were there just aren't any good players around any more.

Ive found less world beaters then previous versions , with my club (same as FM11) not getting as many . Maybe in 8/9 years ive had 1 world beater, while in previous I had 2/3 , but that just might have been a lucky save. The rest I've had to bring in and develop. However to me that just means scouting is more important and not letting the good ones (not great) get away

I'm only in 2016 and have great newgens coming through. I think the leagues you have loaded can have quite an impact on your saves newgens.

I think this years version might be more realistic as previous FM had too many world beaters. Also, a major problem that has been going for a while is AI clubs simply to not nurture young talent. The more leagues you load the more oppurtunities these newgens will be in an active league getting first team football.

Well, if you are not 'above' this sort of thing, you can load up FMRTE and see if your assumption is right. I am willing to bet there will be a fair amount of 170-200 PA youngsters under 22.

When your team is world class and scouts list an 18 or 19 y.o. as 2.5 stars potential given their attribute combinations they can be very good!

As said above star ratings are what your scout/assistant think of a player compared to your players, so if you have a team of say all world class players and a team with mid premiership standard players, scouting say a wonderkid or an old star will probably bring back different ratings because of the standard of the teams.

I'm only in 2016 and have great newgens coming through. I think the leagues you have loaded can have quite an impact on your saves newgens.

I think this years version might be more realistic as previous FM had too many world beaters. Also, a major problem that has been going for a while is AI clubs simply to not nurture young talent. The more leagues you load the more oppurtunities these newgens will be in an active league getting first team football.

I have all the European leagues as playable. Doesn't help at all. I never see players as good as what ACMilanBra posted. I've seen a few who are close, but most of them I've developed myself. The problem isn't just how many players are developed correctly, although that is a problem as well. I spend a lot of time checking thoroughly for talented newgens, and this season I hardly found any good ones at all, none with truly world class potential. Believe me when I say, I would have seen them if they were there.

I'm in 2021 and all my team is made up of regens who came through youth ranks at my club apart from Ganso and Neymar. My reserves and u23 full of wonderkids who will never make my team too.

I'm in 2021 and all my team is made up of regens who came through youth ranks at my club apart from Ganso and Neymar. My reserves and u23 full of wonderkids who will never make my team too.

Yeah I'm 22 years into a save and have not signed a single player other than my own youth intake. In 2034 and holding my own in the top half of the Premier League. The big sides have some awesome youngsters and continue to find more.

If you are Barcelona with a team of stars you will rarely get a player rated at even 3 star but that would be 5 star for most sides.

I have all the European leagues as playable. Doesn't help at all. I never see players as good as what ACMilanBra posted. I've seen a few who are close, but most of them I've developed myself. The problem isn't just how many players are developed correctly, although that is a problem as well. I spend a lot of time checking thoroughly for talented newgens, and this season I hardly found any good ones at all, none with truly world class potential. Believe me when I say, I would have seen them if they were there.

That's weird. If you use the player search and sort by value with no filter, the first page should contain players of that quality, especially 10 years into the game.

Archived