Kagawa language issue

I'm currently in 2016 with Dortmund and Kagawa still hasn't learnt German. So at the end of this season he would have been at Dortmund for 7 seasons.

I was wondering if other people could check in their games to see if he has learnt any new languages. I don't know if this is hard coded for any reason?

Kagawa is professional, high workrate, media friendly and Determination of 13, if that helps.

I have a Japanese newgen who has been at the club one season and fluent in German.

I'm currently in 2016 with Dortmund and Kagawa still hasn't learnt German. So at the end of this season he would have been at Dortmund for 7 seasons.

I was wondering if other people could check in their games to see if he has learnt any new languages. I don't know if this is hard coded for any reason?

Kagawa is professional, high workrate, media friendly and Determination of 13, if that helps.

I have a Japanese newgen who has been at the club one season and fluent in German.

In my save game that I started on 12.2.2 I'm in fifth season and he can only speak Japanese and he is in Borussia Dortmund all the time.

He is actually fluent in 5 languages, Japanese, German, French, Italian and English.

In Japanese schools they learn French mostly, but German is also one of the other main languages, English, French and German.

He is actually fluent in 5 languages, Japanese, German, French, Italian and English.

In Japanese schools they learn French mostly, but German is also one of the other main languages, English, French and German.

He speaks basic German and his English is not much better. Don't how about his French and Italian knowledge tho.

You would think by now he would have German down pat in game. Unless its a player specific issue.

Has anyone got Kagawa with any other languages?

You have to remember that his natural language has a very different structure to European languages which will make it all the more difficult to pick up & this should (not sure if it is) be a factor on FM, if this means he never gets past stock phrases irl or FM then fair enough, if however after 5 personally successful seasons FM is still saying that he is struggling on the pitch due to the language barrier then there is a problem with FM.

You have to remember that his natural language has a very different structure to European languages which will make it all the more difficult to pick up & this should (not sure if it is) be a factor on FM, if this means he never gets past stock phrases irl or FM then fair enough, if however after 5 personally successful seasons FM is still saying that he is struggling on the pitch due to the language barrier then there is a problem with FM.

Yet as I mentioned before, the Japanese newgen I signed learnt fluent German in one season.

Not to sound harsh, but I'm not asking for logic, I simply would like people to check their saves to see if Kagawa has learnt any other languages. Preferably on a save 2014 onwards.

Maybe he has the 'can't speak language' box checked in the editor? I had this problem with Welliton and McGeady in my FM11 Spartak Moscow save, they just couldn't speak Russian, even though they both can already speak it a little bit irl.

This would be untrue. English is far more common in Japan than is French; if for no other reason than English being the language of the land that opened Japan in the 19th Century and defeated the Japanese Empire in the 20th. There are also quite a few English words that have entered the Japanese language.

Maybe he has the 'can't speak language' box checked in the editor? I had this problem with Welliton and McGeady in my FM11 Spartak Moscow save, they just couldn't speak Russian, even though they both can already speak it a little bit irl.
2015, only scandinavian leagues loaded. Kagawa still with Dortmund, only speaks japanese.

Probably something specific for him.

In my save 2018 Kagawa speaks only Japanese. He still plays for Dortmund.
In my current game he moved to Inter in 2013 and has learnt the language in 3 and a half years, he was at Dortmund 3 years and didn't even pick up basic German.

Thanks guys. So there's only an issue with Kagawa learning the language of the league he starts the game in it seems.

As my assistant manager raises no problems and he's one of my best players still, I don't think it's detrimental to his play/morale.

This would be untrue. English is far more common in Japan than is French; if for no other reason than English being the language of the land that opened Japan in the 19th Century and defeated the Japanese Empire in the 20th. There are also quite a few English words that have entered the Japanese language.

Eh it's not untrue?

English is common, as is learning French and German, and Italian is also coming to the forefront of languages the learn in school.

You basically read a wikipedia entry and made your mind up.

Yet as I mentioned before, the Japanese newgen I signed learnt fluent German in one season.

Not to sound harsh, but I'm not asking for logic, I simply would like people to check their saves to see if Kagawa has learnt any other languages. Preferably on a save 2014 onwards.

I'm in 2023, Kagawa is now 33 and playing out the remainder of his career at a club in the UAE, he spent 10 years of his career in my save at Napoli and is fluent in Italian. Haven't been keeping an eye on him at all in that time though so can't say how quickly he became fluent.

How quickly players learn a language is based on one of their hidden attributes - I *think* it's adaptability.

You can always check whether his is really low. Different players learn languages at different rates - just like different people have different abilities in real life.

Eh it's not untrue?

English is common, as is learning French and German, and Italian is also coming to the forefront of languages the learn in school.

You basically read a wikipedia entry and made your mind up.

Noo,,I was basically married to a Japanese woman; live in a city with many Japanese; and been there.

Archived