I wonder what i did wrong

I have a 22 year old striker

Four and a half stars for potential and was at 3 stars for ability .

He played most games last season scoring 50 odd goals in all competitions

I managed to get the boardroom to upgrade both youth and firstt team training facilities to state of the art

Suddenly this season his potential and ability have both dropped to two and a half stars

I have not changed any scouts so it is nothing to do with their ratings as far as i know

yea their CA and PA star ratings change all the time for me too. sucks when you have a four and a half star player who then is reported as a 3 star player the next season. my annoyed thoughts are "my 25 million pounds went on that!"

I used FM genie scout to keep track of my player's developments (now I just use what I see in the game and play the guessing game :p) and what I observe is this

1>. First of all I've had some of the best players in the game so the star rating drop due to better players coming in isn't possible

2>. Young players tend to have their potential rating 'kept' until a certain age. What I mean by that is even if you have (according to genie scout) maximized his potential at an early age and it's at say 2 star while he has a 3 star potential, the game will keep this 3 star potential until he reached a certain age. You'll notice his star potential get lower to 2 and half, and eventually 2 stars as he gets older because he actually has reached it a few years back... I'm guessing that this is to give an impression that even the best scouts can't for sure say how good a player will be... if a player is so good even at a young age (and in the game he has reached his PA), who is to say that he still can't improve (well he can't but I think this reflect well for real life scenario)

But for your Bobble I think Baba's answer is what did happen to you that you get better players in your squad so your young stars rating got reduced since your new players seems to be better than him

Don't worry about it. He probably got a year older, and the squad's level has also increased. The best player in his position now is better comparatively than the best player when was ranked 4 stars. So either you signed another good player, or an already good player on your team got better.

I have had a player who was ranked as 2.5 stars potential become the club's leading goal scorer, so its not a kiss of death, whatsoever. Judge a player's performances, not just the scouting report.

Archived