My game is slow!

Basically i'm in 2023 and the game has basically become unplayable because it takes so long. I added the Swedish league but I was wondering if I removed some leagues would it help the game speed up? Basically looking for anyway to make my game go faster.

No, you should be able to play much longer than that, but adding leagues has issues as far as I'm aware. Especially if you don't have a high end PC. I haven't managed to last very long in any of my saves but I have been advised to load all leagues I might want to play (some 30-40) rather then add them as I go. As my reputation increases, I begin to remove low rep leagues.

So, basically, avoid adding leagues once you have a save going but as to what you should do now, I'm not sure.

If the game is now going slow, then that would indicate that the computer is running out of available memory. If you stick to the recommended set up then the game should run OK, but if you start with a set up exceeding the recommended and have added league then it is a chance that you take. Removing the league will leave a residue of the players so that will not have a great impact.

I removed many leagues and it seemed to help a little, but after a season or two the slowdown came back. Players continue to multiply unchecked, like rodents, after using the add leagues feature. In the end the game crashes.

If you have this problem 10 or so seasons in, chances are your savegame is broken. Any fix is only temporary. Since there is a chance (no guarantee) that using this feature can cause the database to grow uncontrolled, I would say don't use it!

My game slowed hugely, and this was fixed by deleting scout reports and cropping down my extreamly long "short-list".

I think if you end up with too many scout reports, it slows the whole game down a lot. I had something like 20,000 scout reports from all over the UK and Europe.

Basically i'm in 2023 and the game has basically become unplayable because it takes so long. I added the Swedish league but I was wondering if I removed some leagues would it help the game speed up? Basically looking for anyway to make my game go faster.

I had a similar problem - my game became so slow it was virtually unplayable. I didn't understand why it happened as it originally ran perfectly. After trying numerous things (all unsuccessful) the last thing I tried was to delete all of the saved notes. Hey presto the game ran perfectly again!

It was a shame that I had to delete them all as I enjoy reading some of the saved notes from previous seasons but it had to be done. Maybe give this a try if you have some saved?

The problem when you remove scout reports is that they quickly fill back up again. Had a scout with 16k reports, of which around 4k appeared when you clicked on the report itself. I removed all 3 star and below and after a week another 100 re-appeared

For scouts you can specify the condition on your scouting reports. For me, I just set my scouts to only scout players with potential greater than 3.5 stars. A lot of the useless reports are gone and now your scouts only find players who are actually good. I delete some of the reports every season so it's not so slow.

I would recommend sticking to the limit it gives you at the game setup screen. I sometimes go over by around 5-10k and have got to 2025 without the game slowing down that much. My laptop also isn't the best around with my player limit been 80000.

Archived