Those "It Would Never Happen in Real Life" Moments in FM

So there I am on the verge of Champions' League football with Bolton when suddenly Nicklas Bendtner picks up the ball in the left back position.

Am I worried? Not a chance.

He sprints down the left wing and beats one man. - No problem there.

Beats a second man. - OK time to bring him down guys.

Beats a third man. - OK now its getting ridiculous. Just haul him down!!!

Cuts inside a fourth man!!! Aarrgghh!!!!!!!!!

Hammers a 25 yarder straight into the top corner!!!!

You got to be kidding me! :mad::mad::mad:

Recently had my backup goalkeeper going to the press about wanting 1st team football. The press did a survey and found that 87% of people felt he should get a chance with the first team. That would have been fine, except my starting keeper was twice the player and had only let in one goal in the last 9 matches, all of which we had won, suddenly pushing us into a position to fight for the title.

Yeah, changing the keeper seems like a great plan....

Chris Smalling picking up the ball 5 yards form his own goal, closest opposing player to him was a good 15 yards away. Slow tempo, short passing game, as played by the team consistantly. Plenty of time, does he play a simple side pass back to the keeper? NO. Does he spread it out wide to the left back? NO. OK then surely he must play a simple forward ball to an unmarked Anchorman ahead of him ? NO.

Instead the now 28 year old, ever reliable Centre back, Smashes a fast hard ball into the back of his fellow centre back Dedryk Boyata, the ball trickling over the line. There was no reason for the ball to even be played that way. Caused me a 1-0 loss and the end of my 100% record for the season.

After Stuart Pearce guided England to back-to-back Euro Championships, 2012 and 2016 (highly unlikely but possible) and then resigned, the FA decided that the best possible candidate to succeed him was a man with no previous managerial or backroom staff experience!

One from me - i have NO idea what the reasoning behind this selection choice from England. Its not like they havnt got players who could play on the wings in their squad either as they have players who can play in that positin better then a CB!!

wtfengland.png

EDIT: at the end of the match it seems they put on Cleverly to replace shawcross at half time and move him to the ML position putting Smalling back to his normal CB position

On a 9 game unbeaten run including 5 wins on the spin, morale all Very Good or Superb.

Press mentions my keeper hasn't conceded in 916 minutes of play. I praise him and the entire defence.

Concedes 4 in his next game. :rolleyes:

Jamaica beating Spain, Denmark beating Brazil and Mali beating The Netherlands?!?! :lol::applause:

I might put a 20p accumulator on for those results at the 2016 world cup now...

Wonder what odds I'd get :D

Jamaica beating Spain, Denmark beating Brazil and Mali beating The Netherlands?!?! :lol::applause:

I might put a 20p accumulator on for those results at the 2016 world cup now...

Wonder what odds I'd get :D

You'd probably get offered a million to one on that bet (and a straight-jacket):lol:

Archived