My Chairman is CRAZY, please help??

It says the offer was too good to refuse for £10m over 48 months for my left back who started 37 games in EPL. but another thing is I could actually get the option to reject when the offer was £19m made to my winger.

I checked my chairman attribute and hes interference is only 4. Surely this should not happen. is there any other factors thats causing this? because the thing is my leftback is unhappy, i dont get along with him. or is my chairman crazy?

The feature certainly needs some tweaking, unless the club in is financial trouble or we're talking about silly money the chairman should not be accepting offers for key players & definitely when the transfer fee is to be paid over 4 years.

I'm guessing that the £10m offer is somewhere between two to three times the player's listed book value & you're at a mid/low rep club when compared to the other Premier league teams.

I was 5th in EPL and status is Rich, surely this has to be a bug.

also I got 40M at the start of the League and the greedy chairman is keeping it all and not pumping money:(,

From TV money? You get that in instalments over the season.

On my Truro save my chairman force-accepted a 20 million pound bid for a young winger I was training up. At the time, I didn't think much of it, but I had to keep one of my left wingers going till he was 32 or 33 or something like that because I couldnt really find a long-term replacement or train one in time, I even ended up trying to re-buy the player they sold, and two other targets of the same quality, all clubs refused £60m offers. So It'd mean me forking out almost a hundred million to get one of that quality, to replace the player they sold for 20 :p.

Was a little irritating, but I managed to get by, I retrained one of my wingers to left, although he was right-footed, and kept that older winger playing longer. Managed to get by, I left before it became a real problem and they kept playing that older winger till he was 35 :p

I love it when the Chairman steps in. I think it's a realistic portrayal of what may be happening an awful lot behind the scenes in real life. The owner can always tell the manager what to do, and it would be unrealistic for us, as managers, to expect to have total control.

I think so because its the money you get at the start of the seasons

You don't get it at the start of the seaon, it is paid in installments over the course of the season.

On the issue of your chairman selling a player for as you see to be a meagre fee, it is possible that he has a high "intefering" stat, (or however it is labled), and he doesn't rate the player in question then he may well have chosen to sell him. Also his "Business" sense may well not be great, also contributing to his bad decision.

To be fair, the club economy is not functioning as it should in this game. Almost every club in the real world has economic problems and will have to sell in order to stay in the green. In FM, there are no economic problems. I took control of struggling Boavista, which is £3m in the red at the start of the game. A month later and a new chairman cleared the debt and added 900k. A friend was 85m in debt with Inter at the end of the season. The chairman just cleared all of it and added 80m.

This means that there is an universal lack of need to sell. The result is that after a few years, you cannot force small clubs to sell their stars. A nobody-club from Mexico plain refused a 30m bid for one of their strikers (valued 3.5m). This would never happen in real life. I strongly doubt that they would refuse even 3.5m (face value), let alone 7. The long-term FM gameworld has very few transfers compared to real life because of this.

So in other words, there is not enough of what the OP describes. I took Bradford from L2 directly to 6th place in PL without receiving a single bid, just because I rated them highly (naturally) and thus there was no interest. Even if I did get a bid I know I could refuse at my leisure. This should be impossible. A striker scoring 20 goals before the January break in L1 should be the transfer target of 20-30 clubs from other L1 clubs to some smaller PL clubs, and if his value is 200k there should be a bid war where the winner pays 2-4x that and there should be no way to prevent him from leaving. No L1 manager is that powerful, and no L1 club is that rich (or dumb - ambitious players should make extreme noise if they were held back).

It says the offer was too good to refuse for £10m over 48 months for my left back who started 37 games in EPL. but another thing is I could actually get the option to reject when the offer was £19m made to my winger.

I checked my chairman attribute and hes interference is only 4. Surely this should not happen. is there any other factors thats causing this? because the thing is my leftback is unhappy, i dont get along with him. or is my chairman crazy?

DUDE. 4 doesn't mean he has low interference levels. 1 being the highest level of interferenceness.

To be fair, the club economy is not functioning as it should in this game. Almost every club in the real world has economic problems and will have to sell in order to stay in the green. In FM, there are no economic problems.

I agree with that... I had Rangers on sound financial footing after 1 season :)

On the other end of the spectrum it's quite difficult to shift reserves for big clubs for anything other than a pittance. And all you get for it is the fans calling you out for 'poor business'. Sorry if I don't want to keep a crapster on the books for three or four more years and no one wants to bid 1.5million for him.

No issues with performing players though obviously. They can get flogged for millions at a time thank god.

To be fair, the club economy is not functioning as it should in this game. Almost every club in the real world has economic problems and will have to sell in order to stay in the green. In FM, there are no economic problems. I took control of struggling Boavista, which is £3m in the red at the start of the game. A month later and a new chairman cleared the debt and added 900k. A friend was 85m in debt with Inter at the end of the season. The chairman just cleared all of it and added 80m.

This means that there is an universal lack of need to sell. The result is that after a few years, you cannot force small clubs to sell their stars. A nobody-club from Mexico plain refused a 30m bid for one of their strikers (valued 3.5m). This would never happen in real life. I strongly doubt that they would refuse even 3.5m (face value), let alone 7. The long-term FM gameworld has very few transfers compared to real life because of this.

So in other words, there is not enough of what the OP describes. I took Bradford from L2 directly to 6th place in PL without receiving a single bid, just because I rated them highly (naturally) and thus there was no interest. Even if I did get a bid I know I could refuse at my leisure. This should be impossible. A striker scoring 20 goals before the January break in L1 should be the transfer target of 20-30 clubs from other L1 clubs to some smaller PL clubs, and if his value is 200k there should be a bid war where the winner pays 2-4x that and there should be no way to prevent him from leaving. No L1 manager is that powerful, and no L1 club is that rich (or dumb - ambitious players should make extreme noise if they were held back).

Have to strongly agree with the sentiments here, especially in bold. It's generally very rare that we risk losing a player when managing a small club even if we don't place a silly valuation on them. In reality though, smaller clubs are always afraid of losing their star performers in transfer windows. On FM, the most likely scenario is that you won't even receive a bid from one of the 2-3 clubs (agreed with you BigguD, sometimes it ought to be 20+) that might be interested, let alone be forced into a sale.

Archived