Blocking and Bravery

Just been reflecting on Scott Parker's performance for England on monday. One of the things I really admire about Parker is the way he throws himself in front of shots to get in the way. Similarly I remember watching Chelsea in the Champions League and seeing the way particularly Terry and Cahill throw themselves in front of shots to get in the way. Is this something thats accounted for in the attributes section of a player's profile? - I guess it might be part of the bravery stat, but I just wanted to check.

I don't know if players in FM actually took position to attempt to block shots, it seems to me block shots in FM happen more because the player just happen to be in the way of the ball's path more than an effort to block it... but that's just what it seems like to me... I'm sure there are people can give answer with more certainty later :)

I don't know if players in FM actually took position to attempt to block shots, it seems to me block shots in FM happen more because the player just happen to be in the way of the ball's path more than an effort to block it... but that's just what it seems like to me... I'm sure there are people can give answer with more certainty later :)

I agree with this, it doesn't seem to happen enough in the ME.

This is taken into consideration when the bravery attribute is decided though. Fairly sure Terry has 20 bravery for example, and he has basically built his career on it.

Archived