Changing your system to fit a an excellent prospect

Basically my team is a varient of 442 with;

Gk

RB CB CB LB

Anchor Man

Advanced Playmaker/ Deep lying

Winger Inside Forward

Poacher Deep Lying

Do I try and fit an excellent prospect who only plays attacking midfield in here, or should I sell him or train him as an advanced playmaker?

My team is not that old with replacement lined up apart with only the Centre midfielder maybe declining with in a year or two (or three). Should I retrain this guy/ sell him and buy another prospect (kinda annoying as this guy is homegrown) or play an Attacking midfielder taking away a striker or midfielder?

Can't imagine retraining someone from AMC to MC would take up that many CA points. If you trust your system enough and he is young, then I'd certainly look at retraining him.

Alright cool, I was just wondering if im retraining him from an AM will he have a fatal flaw which I havent thought about i.e defensively he will be not very good?

depends entirely on his stats. If you look at the key attributes you want from the midfield role you want him in, just put light training on the weakest stat while he learns the new position? This should balance him out slowly and still save enough training time to develope sufficiently

I signed a youngster from Barnsley who was a potential leading star for any premier league team. He was an AMC/SC but hes finishing was lowish and his passing flair etc were all higher. I signed him and immidiately retrained him as a CM with empahasis on tackling and I also gave him a few months of intensive physical training to strengthen him a bit. 4 years on and he is a class act, in the England squad. He never plays in central midfield though, when he plays I use a diamond with a better anchorman, if he is injured/suspended/rested I use the two more rounded central midfielders in the squad.

He does okay as a CM but he is significantly better as an AMC.

So I would retrain him, but also play him in his favoured position and see how well he adapts to his new position.

If he is fast, creative, good technique, hard-working but not a very good finisher and don't have good defensive attributes, I would retrain him as a winger. You seem to use playmaker wingers so he would probably do excellently there.

on the wings or behind the striker?

Depends on what your formation is like?

He's fast, good technique, good goalscorer, creative. Hard working is a bonus. His lack of aggression and bravery makes it necessary to give him space, avoiding too many physical challenges, which happens in the middle a lot. I'd say he's best on the wings. Lack of crossing means he should cut inside so retrain him to the opposite side of his best foot.

Give him Through Balls Often, One-Twos, Moves into Channels, Cuts Inside, Attempts to switch possession to the other side of the pitch. Maybe Comes deep to get the ball, but the efficiency of this may vary.

manchesterunitedtactics.png

Heres my team , been very succesful. Won the league each year and 3 Champions League

Player roles can change depending on player. I was wondering would he make a good Advanced playmaker in the middle? I used the key attributes thing and in "attack" role his attributes highlighted were good

manchesterunitedtactics.png

Heres my team , been very succesful. Won the league each year and 3 Champions League

Player roles can change depending on player. I was wondering would he make a good Advanced playmaker in the middle? I used the key attributes thing and in "attack" role his attributes highlighted were good

What happens when you use playmakers is that the opponent will automatically tick all the options in the opposition instructions, they will look to destroy him. As I said he lacks bravery and aggression, so he won't take control of the opponent's most dense area. If you manage to maintain possession throughout the match, he will function allright in the midfield, but even with 20 in work rate he won't be the one to battle for control against narrow AI formations. This is why he should be given freedom and space, and against most opponents that means on the flanks. Since you're Manchester United everyone will drop deep and park the bus and he's likely to lose possession a lot against a packed central area full of hairy cannibals.

The one thing I can guarantee happens, is that he will be tackled. Hard. Every time he has the ball. And he doesn't like it much.

Isn't there a "wide playmaker" role? Use that. And don't tick "use playmaker". Or is that not even possible using TC?

What happens when you use playmakers is that the opponent will automatically tick all the options in the opposition instructions, they will look to destroy him. As I said he lacks bravery and aggression, so he won't take control of the opponent's most dense area. If you manage to maintain possession throughout the match, he will function allright in the midfield, but even with 20 in work rate he won't be the one to battle for control against narrow AI formations. This is why he should be given freedom and space, and against most opponents that means on the flanks. Since you're Manchester United everyone will drop deep and park the bus and he's likely to lose possession a lot against a packed central area full of hairy cannibals.

The one thing I can guarantee happens, is that he will be tackled. Hard. Every time he has the ball. And he doesn't like it much.

Isn't there a "wide playmaker" role? Use that. And don't tick "use playmaker". Or is that not even possible using TC?

Alright thank you , didn't think about it that way with opposition kicking the living **** out of him .

Cheers, I'l train him as a LAM with the playmaker/inside forward so he can cut in

Archived