Home-grown status for Euro Cup (FM2011) - is it still bugged or am I being daft?

I know this is a bit late in the day for those of you on FM2012, but I've only just qualified for Europe in FM 2011...

A quick Google search tells me that the home-grown status for European competitions was bugged, but supposedly fixed in 11.3. Except that I'm playing 11.3 and the HG players in my squad (as displayed selecting the HG status view) aren't all set as HG when registering my Euro Cup squad.

For example, Billy Traynor, who is now 25:

billytraynor2.png

As you can see from his history, he's only ever played in England:

billytraynor.png

And his home-grown status is displayed as trained in nation as it should be here:

billytraynor3.png

Yet when I'm asked to register my team for the Euro Cup, he's suddenly not home-grown:

billytraynor4.png

Now I'm looking at his history, and he was 17, nearly 18 in his first season with West Ham (2011-2012). He turned 21 in 2015. Am I missing something, or did the 11.3 patch actually not fix this issue? Is there a workaround??? He's not the only player with this issue, although as you can see, some players (e.g. Lorenzo Borello) are listed correctly in the Euro Cup registration screen.

Archived