Improvement suggestion for FM12

I am currently doing some coursework for a QA Game Tester course and have come up with a suggestion for improvement of Football Manager 2012 and would like to get people's opinion on whether they think this idea would improve the game, so that I can use this as material to support my suggestion when I write it up.

The suggestion is: The ability to change your mind/cancel after you have initially confirmed a substitution of tactical change.

Your changes won't be made until the ball goes out of play. Therefore, the match situation can change before your changes are made. However, you cannot cancel them. There are situations when this is particularly annoying.

Example 1: You make an attacking change because your team is losing/drawing but before the change is made your team scores and you no longer want to make the attacking change, but the game does not allow you to cancel it.

Example 2: You make a defensive change because your team is winning but before the change is made your team concedes a goal and you no longer want to make the defensive change, but it's not possible to cancel it!

Example 3: You bring off a player who after you have confirmed the substitution to return to the match screen scores his 2nd goal of the game and therefore is on a hat-trick, but you still have to bring him off when a real life manager could just not bother with the sub or take someone else off!

The question I am asking for my survey is: Would you like to see the option of cancel/changing your substitutions before they are made in the game?

I appreciate any feedback, Thanks.

I'm sure it can be done as the game already does this when there is an injury, I'm guessing that the main stumbling block is how to incorporate it in the match UI that stops people constantly making & cancelling changes as this might cause a problem with the ME recalculations that tactical changes force.

The obvious fix is that if there is a goal the game follows the same system that is used when there is an injury.

I'm sure it can be done as the game already does this when there is an injury, I'm guessing that the main stumbling block is how to incorporate it in the match UI that stops people constantly making & cancelling changes as this might cause a problem with the ME recalculations that tactical changes force.

The obvious fix is that if there is a goal the game follows the same system that is used when there is an injury.

Yes please! A goal is probably the only thing match event that is going to make us want to cancel/change a substitution or tactical change in the time between making a change and having it implemented, so surely this could be done?

Archived