FM13 Hardcore Mode?

I for one would like a hardcore mode, where the game saves throughout the actual match so you cannot ctrl+alt+del and restart with a diff strat

This hardcore mode would be similar to diablo where once you die it's all over, so similarly once you lose the game there is no going back and trying a new strat

Actually it was like this a while back, in that you couldn't load game, and when you exit you have to save your game or forfeit all the games you've played since your last save... want to venture a guess why it was changed? :)

There's one point I'm wondering though... I'm pretty sure you're not suggesting that this become the default save option because then you'll be forcing other players to save this way. If this is an option that you can choose in preference... Isn't it already YOUR choice whether or not you want to save or reload after a loss?...

People would find a way around it, they always do, and in the end... that's their choice really. I mean, with what you've suggested above, couldn't you just alt-tab out, backup your savegame file, play the game, and if you don't like how its going, crash the game, overwrite your save with the backup, and load up from the start of the game again, able to change your strategy? Or worse, start the game, go up 1-0, backup your savegame file at that point, then when you miss a penalty, your star striker gets sent off, you make all your substitutions and then 2 players get injured... you could reload from the point where you were a goal up and do it differently? It just seems like too much effort for too little gain.

People can already edit the database to turn their favorite player into god, use fmrte to injure the entire opposing teams first and reserve teams, there's billions of ways to cheat at fm, and the only person it really hurts, is the person doing it, if that's how they enjoy the game, who are we to judge?

Pointless addition imo. There's already a stat showing how many times a game has been saved and it's pretty easy to tell when someone saves & reloads as they have a massively high saves number.

Pointless addition imo. There's already a stat showing how many times a game has been saved and it's pretty easy to tell when someone saves & reloads as they have a massively high saves number.

Or they're like me and don't want to lose any results and instinctively saves before every game? :D Too many badly timed power cuts made me paranoid.

I have weekly autosave on plus I additionally save when I quit the game in midweek so I'd wager I have a similar high number of saves to those who reload. Can't really tell anything from that. Not that it matters even one bit what anyone does with their personal game that they've purchased to enjoy the way they want to.

My save count is quite high, but I save after each game, not before.

I've lost a few FM12 game saves relying on the monthly backup options.

the whole willpower argument is dumb. if it was that way, people would not need hardcore mode in diablo, and yet, lots choose to play it.

it should be optional preference though. some people like the game as hard as possible without do overs, but lack willpower, but still would play on if the game tells you that you lost, inevitably

i save after each game pretty much, but i would like an added challenge of not being able to save or do over half way through the match

and yet still, there is a hardcore mode in diablo. people will cheat if given a chance, simply using the dumb "willpower"argument is not enough

why are you so against against an OPTIONAL game mode where the game is even harder? seems like you are guilty of cheating through ctrl+alt+del and cannot admit to it?

The fact you're comparing Football Manager and Diablo is comical enough. Why would you need to ctrl+alt-del when you can load the game from the FM dropdown in the top corner? ;)

It's a completley different sort of community here to that over on Battle.net, if people want to cheat, let them, if they don't cheat, they can brag, easy as.

and yet still, there is a hardcore mode in diablo. people will cheat if given a chance, simply using the dumb "willpower"argument is not enough

why are you so against against an OPTIONAL game mode where the game is even harder? seems like you are guilty of cheating through ctrl+alt+del and cannot admit to it?

I've never cheated on FM and don't need a game mode to force me not to.

Its very simple if you don't want to cheat then don't!

An optional mode still requires a lot of resource time, especially in QA, in order to be implemented.

For an option that so few people would use, and an option that you can already implement yourself by not cheating, it's just not worth the outlay.

Also, please try and be less childish with your responses. Labelling arguments contrary to yours as "dumb" and effectively sticking your tongue out at others is not going to endear people to your ideas.

We know what optional means and as Ackter pointed out the resources required to implement this make it non cost effective when the option already exists.

As this isn't going to happen (SI have already stated this many times) thread closed.

Archived