computer help...

so my mean machine broke down and im being offered a new one, but im no expert and as such im in no postion to make a good choice. I dont know if what imbeing offered is better then what i had, so i thought i would ask some of you guys here, as there seems to be a wealth of knowledge in this exact area :)

the specs from the on that broke down:

processor: I5-2500 3,33Ghz / 2x2GB / H67 / HD6870 1024MB / 500GB / DVD-RW / 600w

cpu: Intel Core i5 2500 3.33GHz 6MB

motherboard: Asrock H67M-GE B3 Revision med SATA3 & USB3

ram: 2x4GB (8GB) Kingston 1333Mhz DDR3

grafik card: ATi Radeon HD6870 1024MB GDDR5 Ram

harddisk : Western Digital / Seagate 500GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA3

power supply : Corsair CX Series V2 600W 600CX Builder Series™ 80+ Cer ...

SPEC FOR THE ONE IM BEING OFFERED :

CPU: Intel i5 3570K

RAM: 2x4gb 1600 MHz

motherboard: Bundkort: AsRock B75M mATX SATA6 USB

Grafikkort: AMD 7850

power supply: Cooler Master GX550w

Harddisk: 1000GB / 1TB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the first one for roughly 5300 danish kroner, which is aprox 540 british pounds. I bought the old one a year ago, so to me its not just a matter of comparing the 2 computers, but also a matter of considering the fact, whether my money in todays computer world, matches the new one im being offered.

thanks in advance if any of you guys can help a bit :)

I'm not expert, but i think the new is also good, didn't use that Graphic card, but you can read about it here

i guess your new one is very good as well, also i think the new laptops had the 2nd or 3rd generation for Corei5 and Corei7, as it's improved conisdering the older corei5 and corei7, and i hope it's that case y for your laptop.

i hope you can get a laptop with 8GB (RAM) and dedicated 1GB (at least) for Video Memory Graphic card.

which is the brand for this offered laptop ? and how much in british pound ?

the old computer, which was a year old, was sent to be repaired, but after 1.5 month they simply offered me a new one. I guess it wasnt worth it for them to continue trying.

the price in pounds would be roughly 540 for the old, and i just wanted to make sure that A) the new one they offered is an improvement and B.) That the 540 pounds i used on the old one, is what the new one im being offered is worth, when you consider the prices in todays marketd.

Archived