Generate new era for FM [ disccussion No.1 - Player Attributes / Training ]

Which idea did you like?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which idea did you like?

after starting new era for FM2009 when 3D match engine, we are hoping for new one, which give SI the piers to build from it for next years. Year after year we suggest a lot of things, but may be us as consumers are yet to agree at the priorities of our suggestions/demands/feature which we are hoping for, since then I'm looking forward of some series of discussions about some suggestions, and I'm hoping we can share views about it, and how to output the idea of approved by the majority.

================================

Disccussion No. 1 - Player Attributes / Training ]

================================

In my opinion, the true fans for Football manager who really like to start from lower divisions or weak leagues, and little by little improve it, they control everything in the game a look just to increase the chance for being successful, so they are spending their time to develop youth, whatever particualr schedules or individual training fucos or tutoring.

• idea 1: while i'm aware of some of us hate the range of 0-99, as it's difficult to compare players with that, but i think it's should be possible for us to watch/follow the development of any player for all his attributes, that's by give all players secandry rate of 0.5 for all attributes when you start the game ( example: if a player rated 5 in corners, so he is giving 0.5 in that secondry rate, so it's basically it's 15.5 when you start the game )

that's give you a clue for your player how is doing in training, and if his displays improve some of his attributes or not, and if he is about to improve that skill or not, or if he is about to lose it or still there is a time to prevent that.

now you've an option if you want to see re ent attribute change, but now you should have new one called 'training development' or 'attribute development' , i think the later could be ideal.

504679280.png

and the same thing can be shown in training screen 'attribute development' , and assistant should give you the main reason for the increase or decrease ( confidence due to displays -first team football - working hard in training - good morale ) or ( lost confidence for poor displays - not playing enough - disappointed with the training - bad morale ) and I'm sure there are a lot of things in the future can be developed over the year in this feature for FM.

some people could ask about the difference between the two options, 'show training/attributes development' & 'show recent attributes changes' .. the answer is the first give you the detail of the development ( help your checking weekly ) , and the old one give you the final for it ( help for monthly checking ).

also, the attributes development should play it's fact for the players morale, as he feels he is slightly improved or feel the other way. The manager always need to get involved with him.

• idea 2: Bring back the real session schedules ( as it was in Championship manager ) , I know a lot of people saying it's more realistic and fun ( specially if you were given a chance to see a match practise ! ) , We know the reason for changing from the system to basic one ( Strength - Aerobic - GK - Tactics etc.. ) .. It's surely easier way for some people who like easy way to deal with such matters. But I'm sure there is still way to have both system work for each other to let all people happy.

408173658.jpg

- How to work ? Each type of session should give your automacily the changes in current system ( for example, when you pick set-pieces session in the week schedule, then it's automaticaly change the current mode, or you can pick what you want from current system ( Aerobic, strength, Tactics, etc.. ) and leave Assistant to suggest which training sessions helps to give you want you want from current system and you just neeed to confirm it.

- The Assistant manager job now to ask you each week about filling the week session table, you can keep it or change or leave the matter for your assistant to decide, the human player can pick an option to leave training schedules to be set by assistant and never ask him to the question.

This ideal help other 1st one, so you can really work more on training with your first team players or Youth rather than going always for transfer market. It's become really boring when you discover the fact you always need to buy to get success.

cheers.

Just scanned over briefly but initial thoughts are:

Idea 1 - Attributes in FM are actually in the 0-200 range or to be more clear 0.1 > 20.0 its just we as users don't see the figure after the decimal point.

Idea 2 - As you have pointed out this idea was in a previous CM/FM and generally there was a dislike amongst the user base for it. Simply put it was just too fiddly and needed too much micromanagement for the average user.

The 0-99 rating idea is a non starter as the game currently uses a 200 point rating system, the OP is however right in saying the training module needs a revamp & I too liked the old CM system even if it probably was just window dressing.

The main problem with training is that it's almost impossible to get it wrong, I have never seen a player's training ****** because of my training regimes & as long as I give them adequate playing time they always appear to reach their potential.

A third addition, actually it's a removal is for the manager to have less tactical input once the match starts. I like the shouts & I'd add player specific shouts but at the same time remove the ability to make wholesale tactical changes while the match is being played, changes at half time are fine but being able to get your players to seamlessly switch from a rigid 442 to a fluid 352 after 20 minutes has always bugged me.

I cannot believe that a perfectly acceptable word is filtered because of a slang derivation, nanny state gone mad I tell you. :D

The 0-99 rating idea is a non starter as the game currently uses a 200 point rating system,

lol mate, i didn't mean it should 0-99 or 0-200 :D it's a bit hard to compare players with more rates, i just meant when you start the game, every player given 0.5 secondry rate which should be shown in training or a tick as the same as 'show recent attributes changes' ( if you kindly look at the first picture ) .. this to follow/watch the player if he is about to increase or decrease his abilities ( with a reason for the increase or decrease in training screen as explained in the thread )

• 2 weeks later...

sorry mates, but looking for ideas now what people suggest in case to improve how human managers follow their players development week in week out, for each attributes, anf if their training methods work well or not.

also what they would like to see in training...

feedback really important, as the current results shows that:

22 against both ideas 46%

11 approved first idea 23%

21 approved second idea 44%

Improving training to give users more control is an often-suggested feature so I think there is merit behind it.

Training is an important part of a player's development but personally I feel it's something you set once in a season and forget about.

There's definitely a need for more involvement in training but there's been complaints about how the game takes too long to play nowadays so it will have to be made optional (and not optional like press conferences where your assistant ruins everything - which makes it inferior to no press conferences at all).

Don't like the 1st idea, it's not realistic. I don't think we need to bother to watch player progression is that way. The current style is just fine. In real life you know a player is improving when your coaches report to you or when you've watched the player plays or trains.

The 2nd one is ok and could as well be more in-depth but not too complicated as some don't like.

Improving training to give users more control is an often-suggested feature so I think there is merit behind it.

Training is an important part of a player's development but personally I feel it's something you set once in a season and forget about.

There's definitely a need for more involvement in training but there's been complaints about how the game takes too long to play nowadays so it will have to be made optional (and not optional like press conferences where your assistant ruins everything - which makes it inferior to no press conferences at all).

i read a lot of this in the past, SI can easily increase Assistant Manager responsibilties in 'Team policy' .. for handling such conversations, Training, team-meetings etc..

Don't like the 1st idea, it's not realistic. I don't think we need to bother to watch player progression is that way. The current style is just fine. In real life you know a player is improving when your coaches report to you or when you've watched the player plays or trains.

The 2nd one is ok and could as well be more in-depth but not too complicated as some don't like.

i respect your point of view, and agree that about how to know players progress, but this type of judgement based on the players displays, training, confidence & Morale.

and the secondry attributes should be treated as the same as main attributes in terms of realistic.

so if the players confidence & Morale OK, if the player is doing well in training but not enough in game, nothing should change, but what if a defender training 'well' and playing 'well' in month, this should improve his secondary rate by 0.1 for example, not the main one, this could be a bit similar to the fact.

IMO, as Spurs fan, i thought Kyle Walker defending was a bit poor at the first games of the season, but then he improved little by little in 2nd half of the season, but you can't upgrade his 'defending' attribtues for just 2-3 months, he needs to keep going.

This also prevent players improving so much in small time, me and other cousins were a bit shocked af the amount of players reach to their potential so quickly and take-over from top players in short time.

This help at lower level, a coaching and working day in day out should help, and not need to go for 20-25 signings in summer to get success, it's a bit boring, and you feel your all work based on transfer targets.

Archived