Outrageous Champions League comebacks

I have to say that I love a good comeback, but some of the results that I have witnessed on the game are ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I am completely obsessed by the game and have played it for many years, but surely something has to be done about this aspect of the game. I'll give you a few examples of what has happened:

Manchester United 6 - Barcelona 1 (1st leg)

Barcelona 7 - Manchester United 0 (2nd leg)

Liverpool 3 - Lyon 0 (1st leg)

Lyon 5 - Liverpool 0 (2nd leg)

Real Madrid 4 - AC Milan 0 (1st leg)

AC Milan 6 - Real Madrid 1 (2nd leg)

Admittedly, these 'could' happen, but I see this sort of occurence far too often. These results don't always involve myself either (only the top one). Has anyone else had experience of the 'Champions League' curse? Surely the liklihood of these results needs to be reduced from a realistic point of view.

Thanks!

Yea these happen too often in FM. Worst one I have seen was a team winning 6-0 only to lose 7-0 in the 2nd leg

When did you see my save? I done this in my debut CL season against Napoli, held a 6-0 lead from the 1st leg & totally screwed up our match prep, after 20 minutes we were 5 goals down.

Worst moment ever on FM.

As for the OP there might be something to this as I've also seen some massive swings after the 1st leg, I'll have a look at the competition history next time I fire up my save. If it does turn out to be a common event the chances are that the AI is making the same mistake I did & not keeping the pressure on the team to see out the tie.

Edit: Just had a look at my save & it's not something that has happened too often, over the last 15 CL seasons there are only 3 ties that have seen large swings in 1st/2nd leg results & one of those was the game I was involved in. The other two saw a team recover a 4-0 deficit & another where Barcelona were beaten 5-0 after winning the 1st leg 8-0.

It's only one save but the competition has always been processed in full detail so I'd be confident is saying that there isn't too much to be concerned about.

Won 4-1 at home to marseile (OM)in semi final of ECL ... They destroyed me 5-1 at their ground, I scored with the last kick of the game so kinda pointless, but I played my full strength side

Season before beat Deportvio 4-0 at home they won 5-0...

Archived