What would you do?

I'm pissed of at the moment. I just won the FA-Cup with Middlesbrough when the game crashed on me. Save game got corrupted, but thankfully I had a backup so that I only needed to replay 6 games before the final.

I'm considering whether I'm going to cheat or not if I loose the final when i replay it.

I did win it after all and it's not my fault that the game screwed me over! But at the same time I would feel somewhat dirty if i did cheat as that is something I have never done before.

I'm curious as to what you guys would do if you found yourselves in a similar position?

This has happened to me, and it was with promotion. I was chasing promotion and I had got to replay the games. I felt bad, as I could make sure I didn't make the same tactical mistakes but I also believe in that the game will sort you out in the end. For your example, if you do lose the FA cup final, then the game may have given you a better result in either a future or previous game. On the other hand though this is all up to you, you have already one the FA cup so it'd be unfair if you lost it but if I was you. Just replay the games and try and win them. Play the final and if you don't win make the decision then, for all you know you may win it again :D Then you've won it twice ;)

Why does it matter :p, reload the final if you want, or don't... asking the forum peep to justify won't really work because you still know you cheat if you do :p

If it were me I'd take off a few days before starting to play the game again, it will put things to perspective and made me realize that it simply don't matter, it's just a game :p

Like you said your save got corrupted so reload. It would only be cheating if you lost the final and reloaded to win.

I disagree. To me it is still cheating even if you reload to right a wrong. I even feel dirty because I've had better results in most of the games I've replayed so far.

Turned a L against Liverpool to a D. Got a W against City instead of L and beat Stoke 5-1 instead of just 1-0.

I guess I'm not going to reload. As it would ruin the game to much for me I think.

But I still would like to know if people would consider it cheating or not. (I would call it cheating.)

Why does it matter :p, reload the final if you want, or don't... asking the forum peep to justify won't really work because you still know you cheat if you do :p

If it were me I'd take off a few days before starting to play the game again, it will put things to perspective and made me realize that it simply don't matter, it's just a game :p

I does not matter. I will do what I feel is right regardless of what other people think. I only ask out of curiosity.

What would people do if the were in the same position :)

I holiday each result to make sure they stay the same. Human nature pretty much dictates we'll feel cheated if we lost a game we previously won, but if we win a game that we previously lost it's just the way it goes.

If it's because of a crash, I don't mind getting better results - I consider it compensation for the time and effort of having to replay the matches!

How could it be cheating?

To abandon any save where the game crashes is simply ridiculous. It is only cheating if you cheat somebody, and FM isn't somebody. This must of course be balanced towards the idea of a game being fun to play because the outcome is not given, so reloading a game you have lost in order to win it is quite frankly dumb because then you're not playing a game. But as long as you don't play against someone who would care either way, it is still not cheating.

If it's because of a crash, I don't mind getting better results - I consider it compensation for the time and effort of having to replay the matches!

Yeah but if you replay them all and get worse results, then do you accept them? Especially when it costs you a trophy you've already won.

You just proved my point.

Which is what, exactly?

That things are unfair no matter what you do? Stop trying to set the idea of reloading up as a major philosophical theme. Your extreme sense of discomfort regarding the notion of reloading is just irrational - no need to debate over the "dilemma" in the OP at all.

Either you quit every savegame which crashes, or you reload and continue. Either way, FM doesn't give a ****, and unless you play against another human neither does anyone else.

I lost a save where I'd beaten Liverpool in the Champions League. Replayed it 3 times and never won. Very upsetting it was. In the end just had to go with the defeat.

Wouldn't consider it cheating unless you got wins in other games that you'd previously lost in the build up to the offending match.

My laptop has a habit of suddenly switching off when it gets too warm (from playing FM too much, probably!), and whatever games I have to replay, I save before the start of each match and reload until I get the same amount of points as I did originally. Goal difference and results of other teams may still be affected, but I can live with that...

Which is what, exactly?

That things are unfair no matter what you do? Stop trying to set the idea of reloading up as a major philosophical theme. Your extreme sense of discomfort regarding the notion of reloading is just irrational - no need to debate over the "dilemma" in the OP at all.

Either you quit every savegame which crashes, or you reload and continue. Either way, FM doesn't give a ****, and unless you play against another human neither does anyone else.

Hey I don't care what he or anyone does. Just adding to the discussion (or attempting to).

Whatever you think you want to do , tbh i dont care if you "cheat" its your game. It doesnt affect mine, whatever you find to be the funnest way. However if you cheat to give yourself lots of money then brag about your team then I just think your annoying

I think a few here are misunderstanding the point of this thread. I am not asking what I should do, because I know that already.

I am asking what people would do in a similar situation.

As I said on an earlier post I decided not to reload because it just would not feel right to me. (And yes, I lost the replay :( )

I made this tread for the sole purpose of curiosity. I want to find out how people would react in a similiar situation...

I wanted to know how people decide what to do...

If it was just the one game I would reload, but only if it's a cup final. In the league if you were to replay and keep the same result, other teams may not get similar results which could come back to bite you at the end of the season. I did this once and Arsenal originally lost, I reloaded to win and they also won and beat me to the title by a single point months later.

Archived