Determination - the wonder-stat?

I have a (LL team) AMC who is repeatedly my team's leader and occasionally the league's leader in goal assists, and has several MoM to his name too.

But his stats are fairly woeful, particularly for an AMC:

Passing:7

Decision:8

Off Ball:8

Flair: 10

Creativity: 6!

Teamwork: 3!

However - his Determination is 20.

Does this alone override his other hapless abilities??

Swedish First Div. South. (That's the 2nd from bottom league. Equiv of UK League 1 - but standard is much lower than UK).

He came up through my juniors - so I'm proud of him - but that 20 determination. I just watched him pick another MoM....!

What do your coaches reckon to him? With such a high determination he'll be able to get his attributes up in no time if he's got the potential.

He would also need decent workrate and professionalism as well.

Determination makes the difference. Its the first thing I look for when signing youth. Yeah, sure, you COULD raise it with tutoring, but the kids that start with a good personality, are determined and have potential, well, my ranks are full of 'em.

Its basically how much they 'give a damn'. Give a damn when the team is losing? Give a damn for 90 minutes? Give a damn when the team is already comfortably up? Professionalism is good, but high determination is great.

The two D's: Decisions and Determination, are my starting point, then I check personality and potential, then I go back and look at 'attribute combinations' (i.e. the right attributes for their position).

Archived