Have your own 'son'?

It is true - its very rare though - think i've read its something like a 10,000 to 1 chance of getting one (maybe higher i dont know).

To know if its your son he will have your surname (obviously) and will have you listed as favoured personal

Does your son always turn up at the club you're managing or is it random?

I think if I finally got a son in the game and he was rubbish I'd make damn sure I made the most of what he has got, even if I was Man U I would play him in the odd match. :D

I remember reading about this a few seasons ago but have never had this happen to me.

So i signed a player with the same surname as me who was also half decent (decent premier league player) and after a few seasons he added me to his favorites......MY ADOPTED SON!!! :)

It happened to me and when i tried to post about it a lot of people crawled out of the wood work to accuse me of making it up and or just being wrong, some people just get very jealous.

Your son shows up in your teams youth intake (or at least in old versions, do not know if its the same with how FM12 handles it) and has the same surname as you and will have you listed on his favourites list from day 1.

Obviously the best way to detect this would be to have a really unusual second name in the game.

Having said that i have put in about 5000 hours into FM over the years and only ever seen it once so its very rare.

I've had four sons in total over the last 3 versions of FM. The above was the only good one. The others all ended up retiring before the age of 18.

Well, that's just rubbing it in...

4 sons in the last 3 versions, and in all the seasons in all the savegames I've had since playing CM1 (No idea what version 'sons' were introduced) I've never had a single occurance. Not once.

So if your surname is quite common like Smith or Jones, you'll never really know(or maybe red hot in the sack).

You need to have the same surname and you need to be on his Favoured Personnel list, but even then it could be the case of a common surname and that you just happen to be on his Favoured Personnel list like you happen to be on many newgens' list and so does your staff happen to be on their list.

So if your surname is quite common like Smith or Jones, you'll never really know(or maybe red hot in the sack).

It won't tell you if he is your son or not, the easiest way to check if you have a common surname is to check his favourites and you should be in it.

Another way to check is on FMRTE, the player with the same surname should be in your favourites at 100%, only on FMRTE though, not on the manager screen in game.

My only son on FM11 at 15 and 29, pretty crap.

PaulSmallProfile_Attributes.png

PaulSmallProfile_Attributes-3.png

It was easy to tell he was a son as he was an English regen in Czech and had my surname :p

It won't tell you if he is your son or not, the easiest way to check if you have a common surname is to check his favourites and you should be in it.

Another way to check is on FMRTE, the player with the same surname should be in your favourites at 100%, only on FMRTE though, not on the manager screen in game.

My only son on FM11 at 15 and 29, pretty crap.

PaulSmallProfile_Attributes.png

PaulSmallProfile_Attributes-3.png

It was easy to tell he was a son as he was an English regen in Czech and had my surname :p

It's a shame that you have to cheat, so you could definitely know if he is your son or not.

Yep the other giveaway is to set up your manager with dual nationalities, as he will reflect those.

But, it could again be accidental though there is little possibility of that, so cheating is the only way to know definitely if he is your son and that's a shame.

Cheers for the info. Luckily I have a very rare surname so would be easy to spot.

Something so rare and unique should definately be worthy of a news item though.

I definitely agree. I'm sure that in real world something like that would be widely acknowledged in the newspapers especially if it would happen in the club the club with the big reputation.

Archived