Will Sigames ever bring controversy into the FM series?

I remember years ago as a youngen playing a football managing game but i cannot remember which one im pretty sure it was a EA game, and now and again it would come up saying so n so(my only memory is Dean Windass for some reason) has had trouble at home or moving house or something along those lines... but i dont really mean that i just mean will things be brought into the game.. Like off field events, in real life we have such things going on like Rio Ferdinand not being in the Euro's, Terry involved in a racist abuse case same with Suarez who got an 8 match ban, and Russian fans involved in fightin stewards etc which will most likely bring to the Russian FA a fine...

Could we see players suspended during the season for an off field event?

Our own club being fined for failing to control our own crowds or players in an on field bust up? (more chance of this happening in places like Poland, Ukraine etc due to gangs..

im not saying anything like ''Star striker Julian Montgomery(random made up name) caught his wife cheating with the kit man, his stats seemed to have dropped due to ongoing depression problems and alcohol abuse, the board advise you to send him to a rehabiliation clinic at the cost of £1,000 a week''

Or is there things like this already in the game which i havent even seen?

I don't, but controversial things definitely happen only with newgens in FM 12.2.2. I actually saw some examples being posted on this forum.

Links or it didn't happen.

IIRC, there was a thread for last years game and someone explained about legal reasons. I am not 100% sure but hopefully a mod or someone from SI will shed some light on this.

Links or it didn't happen.

IIRC, there was a thread for last years game and someone explained about legal reasons. I am not 100% sure but hopefully a mod or someone from SI will shed some light on this.

Of course it happens even without me providing links. Ackter also confirmed it, so it definitely happens.

I really haven't seen this but I certainly looking forward to it now lol!

I rarely see it because I go to pains to sign the right kinds of players, but occasionally an absolute idiot slips through the net.

You can make it more likely to happen by signing a Diouf-style mentalist and making him as unhappy as possible at the club.

As Fabio and Ackter says, it definately can happen in the game to newgens. I've had players not turn up for training, turn up late for training, getting caught by the paparazzi coming out of a nightclub. On an older version I even had one occasion where a newgen failed to turn up for a match.

Just today (on FM11) had a youngster miss a youth team match after being spotted out drinking the night before (for the second time). He wasn't anything special so I sacked him on the spot.

i never meant bring racism cases into the game to see players banned for that reason i was just giving an example of a player being banned for an off field issue.

I just know in real life theres more a manager has to deal with in his line of work than just signing players, training and tactics etc..

• Administrators

For legal reasons we can't have these kinds of things in the game for 'real' players. I once had Victor Renner headbutt a referee and get banned for 8 months, but that was years and years ago :cool:

It's a shame from a gameplay perspective (some things, personally I wouldn't want racism in the game in any shape or form), but I'm afraid that's just the way it is.

Never, ever, seen anything remotely cotroversial in any of my long career saves in this game. Been playing (extremely) regular since 2007.

Would welcome it though.

For legal reasons we can't have these kinds of things in the game for 'real' players. I once had Victor Renner headbutt a referee and get banned for 8 months, but that was years and years ago :cool:

Haha ace. the reasons are justifyed about that though

Never, ever, seen anything remotely cotroversial in any of my long career saves in this game. Been playing (extremely) regular since 2007.

Would welcome it though.

I remember seeing a few examples of players doing a Zidane on FM 2007.

Just today (on FM11) had a youngster miss a youth team match after being spotted out drinking the night before (for the second time). He wasn't anything special so I sacked him on the spot.

A youth team player out on the razz. :D

I think missing training actually doesn't qualify in this list. Players tend to miss training in case they have a bone to pick with manager, they are not motivated, unhappy because lack of first team football etc. In short words - reasons come down to manager's decision.

More interesting, unpredictable and controversial would be off-field events, including DUI, arrests, drugs, nightclubs etc. But as said - if I were a professional footballer, I wouldn't be happy to see my alter ego in the game doing drugs or something, so obviously it's not going to happen.

Secondly, such events make game more random and potentially upset a player. What can you do when you're biggest talent suddenly gets suspended for a year because he has to make jail time for assault? Event itself comes completely out of the blue and it diminishes all your previous work, squad building and ruins your season. That's not quite the purpose of the game, is it?

I think that you can have a player "turn up late for training looking bleary eyed" or something like that. I have also seen the nightclub message.

Not fining players for these incidents leads to players being unhappy because of lack of discipline.

A few years ago I had a player get a lengthy ban after punching a ref. I don't remember if it was a regen or not, and I don't know if this can still happen. I hope so though!

I think we could see a bit more of off-field issues without the game being "watered down", or whatever the fear is. For example a regen failing a drug test could be a very rare but serious event. Also, I feel that managing a high-reputation club, and managing high-rep players, should feel like a bit more of a "media circus". For example not playing a high profile player would cause a lot of scrutiny.

A few years ago I had a player get a lengthy ban after punching a ref. I don't remember if it was a regen or not, and I don't know if this can still happen. I hope so though!

Happened to me recently in FMH 2012. Bowyer punched the ref when playing against Leeds, after a Becchio dive!

j6l6ye.jpg

As Fabio and Ackter says, it definately can happen in the game to newgens. I've had players not turn up for training, turn up late for training, getting caught by the paparazzi coming out of a nightclub. On an older version I even had one occasion where a newgen failed to turn up for a match.

This used to happen to me a lot. I never signed him but wasn't djalminha a nightmare in previous versions.

Given what SI said in post 17, I am finding this hard to understand:confused:

Either a) FM2012PSP has different licensing or b) Marc V's being naughty and has let a bug get through

I think random acts of violence maybe should be less liekly, but if a player has a serious dislike of an opponent, there could be a few scuffles in a match or somehting like that. IM thinking in the case of rivalries, such as Keane vs Vieira.

Also, I think there should be a place for small incedents to be exegerrated a bit, such as all the media furore surrounding anything Mario ballotelli does. Im thinking excessive press focus on an individual could lead to them blowing their top in one game, but the manager would have potential to stop this from happening before hand via press conferences or replying to a news artcle, just like Mourinho used to do before he left chelski.

I remember my brother had Igor Akinfeev sent off and received an additional 11 match ban for pushing over the referee on FMH05 (or was it 06?). To make matters worse, it was in the Champion's League match which meant he missed a whole season of European Football.

Archived