Determination drop on holiday?!

During the June-holiday my best central defender decide to drop his determination by 10. From 18-8! As determination is a vital stat for him as a CB and a youngsters I would like to know if it ever will come back. He is 23, soon to be 24.

I would prefer to keep as his among the better English CBs in my save. Ideas anyone?

Yeah, off field events during the holiday something. Isn't he too old to be able to get it tutored back from a older player? Considering his status and all.

I have no idea where his holiday took place so I cant confirm your theory michael.

If he's more or less done developing and you fancy him as one of the better CBs available, keep an eye on whether his performances truly dip before rushing to sell him. Especially if you do not have an equal replacement lined up. While Determination is an important stat, it's not the be-all end-all stat. He's more prone to suffering from poor results, true. But unless you spend a lot of your games coming from behind or very tightly contested, you may not suffer from it too much.

Shame to have a great player affected like that, though. Sorry!

If he's more or less done developing and you fancy him as one of the better CBs available, keep an eye on whether his performances truly dip before rushing to sell him. Especially if you do not have an equal replacement lined up. While Determination is an important stat, it's not the be-all end-all stat. He's more prone to suffering from poor results, true. But unless you spend a lot of your games coming from behind or very tightly contested, you may not suffer from it too much.

Shame to have a great player affected like that, though. Sorry!

"This".

I often can see no drop in form due to poor morale, or dips in performance stats. This really is not an exact science.

Keep him & play him, I doubt he'll noticeably disappoint.

His determination hitting that low is likely to slow his development and it'll be a lot harder to get the best out of him.

I sell people it happens to, cash in on them while you still can ;)

I had that with a Danish Goalkeeper. The kid would have been a world beater, 20 determination, 19 years old, my first choice keeper. He got injured for 3 months, then few weeks later got a mail saying an off the field event caused him to becoming less determined, it had dropped to 8. I ended up cashing in on him in the end of the season, as determination is a big attribute for player growth. This is the first time I've had this happen, and I often have young teams full of regens (usually age average of around 23+).

Note: This was towards the end of the season, not on Holiday.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump an oldish thread but I just had the opposite happen. A player suddenly got a determination boost from 10 to 17 due to apparent off field events. I'm wondering if that sort of thing makes any sense though. What kind of event would make somebody twice as determined just like that, overnight? Shouldn't something like this be temporary at least?

Sorry to bump an oldish thread but I just had the opposite happen. A player suddenly got a determination boost from 10 to 17 due to apparent off field events. I'm wondering if that sort of thing makes any sense though. What kind of event would make somebody twice as determined just like that, overnight? Shouldn't something like this be temporary at least?

Maybe something like a parent passing away made him more determined to make it as a top player.

Is this an incredibly rare thing? I've only been playing FM (2012 only) for about a year and have never once seen this happen in about 10 or so different saves.

It has happened to me, only the once, mind.

Happened to a useless youth product who was going to be released anyway thankfully.

Archived