A 6-1 win followed by a terrible run...?

I have recently started a new save doing Livingston, I am trying to get them back to the SPL (this is FM11 btw), we started the season well with a draw and a win in the league and we also won the League cup 1st round match, we then beat Alloa 6-1 and went top of the league!! since then we have lost 5 out of 6 games despite no new injuries since, the same first 11, going into every game with the right tactics but suddenly all the players have lost their confidence for some reason :eek:

What was said in the post-match team talk, press conference and private chats following the 6-1?

Also, where were Alloa in the league and what was their form like? Same question too for the teams you've struggled against after topping the league.

What was said in the post-match team talk, press conference and private chats following the 6-1?

Also, where were Alloa in the league and what was their form like? Same question too for the teams you've struggled against after topping the league.

following the 6-1 I didn't have private chats, the team talk was delighted or sensational, Alloa mid table I think and the teams I have played since I'm not sure, probably a mix, don't forget there is only 10 teams in the league and it is pretty close as I am now 7th level on points with 9th but only 5 points from 1st

following the 6-1 I didn't have private chats, the team talk was delighted or sensational, Alloa mid table I think and the teams I have played since I'm not sure, probably a mix, don't forget there is only 10 teams in the league and it is pretty close as I am now 7th level on points with 9th but only 5 points from 1st

Hmm... It's a shame you can't got back and see your assistant manager's feedback for the team talk. Did you take the press conference? I'm wondering whether some of your players lost focus from a team talk or press conference since you mention morale.

Also, when did the 6-1 take place? If it was just before the mid-point of the season, sometimes the change in reputation going into the second half of a campaign can cause teams to change their approach to you, sometimes making tactics that once appeared solid a bit on the shaky side.

Could you have maybe been too harsh with your teamtalks during the first lost match? If it was a tight match that you were unfortunate to lose and you harshly criticised the performance that can lead to morale drops and nervousness leading to poor runs. A teamtalk should always be justified by the performance more than the result. I use sympathise quite regularly (more so the lower level I play) when the team plays well and loses, especially if the odds were against in the first place.

Hmm... It's a shame you can't got back and see your assistant manager's feedback for the team talk. Did you take the press conference? I'm wondering whether some of your players lost focus from a team talk or press conference since you mention morale.

Also, when did the 6-1 take place? If it was just before the mid-point of the season, sometimes the change in reputation going into the second half of a campaign can cause teams to change their approach to you, sometimes making tactics that once appeared solid a bit on the shaky side.

think I send the Assistant to the press conference, it was start of the season, we've played about 8 games now after the poor run

think I send the Assistant to the press conference, it was start of the season, we've played about 8 games now after the poor run

Fair enough. Did your players react badly to the assistant's press conference?

Marty78 could be onto something too. I know I can be guilty of tilting after a shock defeat on occasion!

Archived