Add/Remove Leagues during gameplay

Hi,

I tell you what it is. I am wanting to add more leagues so I can possibly manage in a different country. However, I know that there have been a few problems with this function and I wanted to know if it will corrupt my save?

Thanks

It won't corrupt your save. As far as I know, there haven't been any issues with that. The main problem is it means you'll have a lot more players in your game than you currently do and it could slow it down. How many leagues are you looking to add? If you don't add too many and remove a couple, it might be ok.

If you're going to use the feature the key thing to avoid is loading leagues from a different continent, that's a killer & if you can different regions if you're just loading European leagues.

iirc the key problem is that the feature can result in all players from the nations/regions/continents being added which causes the massive increase in the active database that results in the game eventually running out of memory & crashing.

It is probably also worth dovetailing your save before the leagues become active, once they do check the non-league teams in those nations & a selection of random teams from other unloaded nations to see if there have been too many players loaded, if there has go back to your pre-add save & delete the changes before they become active.

If you're going to use the feature the key thing to avoid is loading leagues from a different continent, that's a killer & if you can different regions if you're just loading European leagues.

iirc the key problem is that the feature can result in all players from the nations/regions/continents being added which causes the massive increase in the active database that results in the game eventually running out of memory & crashing.

It is probably also worth dovetailing your save before the leagues become active, once they do check the non-league teams in those nations & a selection of random teams from other unloaded nations to see if there have been too many players loaded, if there has go back to your pre-add save & delete the changes before they become active.

Barside, your whole first paragraph basically tells me "Don't do it". The whole point was to go to another continent, not just stay in Europe, I wanted to go to Brazil or America. Played too many European Leagues, but I wanna keep my manager and rep therefore I won't start a new game.

Archived