Friendlies/tour - no opponents available

I play with the swedish side Djurgården in february 2018 and as every year I'm planning a tour abroad during my pre-season, to play three friendlies. I've traveled to different countries in Europe through the years and now it's time again, but when it's time to book the games there are no teams whatsoever to play against. I've tried with the countries I went to before; Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Holland and also countries in the rest of the world, but I can't find any opponents anywhere!

I also noticed that there aren't any other teams from the swedish premier leaugue (Allsvenskan) availabe, so the only chance I have of playing a game is vs teams with really, really low reputation...games that ends 19-0 in my favour. I'm playing Barcelona in CL in three weeks and have to practice against decent opponents!

I've never seen this happening before in my pre-season, instead I've always had a good choice of decent opponents, both swedish and foreign teams...what's happening here?

Have you tried the choose other section? Sometimes because of EURO/ World cup or olympics the season starts later in some countries. Also you are trying to get friendlies in February the middle of most countries seasons

Yep, I tried that without luck.

An although it is mid season in most of Europe, I never had any problems in my previous seasons, 2012-2017, to arrange friendlies at this point. From one year to another everything has changed totally.

How can you be in pre season and playing Barcelona in CL in 3 weeks?

But on the problem, just choose random teams, maybe even do a match against reseves? Practise is practise.

EDIT: i see february is pre season to you, sorry missed that point.

But on the problem, just choose random teams, maybe even do a match against reseves? Practise is practise.

Thanks, I know that's the only option I have, and of course it's practice. But that won't solve the question why something that worked absolutely fine for six seasons now is totally impossible. Something must have happened.

maybe this season for some reason is special, look back 4 years and see which teams you played then, then check their schedules this season....maybe you just left it too late to arrange the friendlies, I know I have done before and ended up playing those rubbish teams and cruising it....however I think this might be a good thing, arrange one about 7-10days before barca, be the last friendly, cruise through 19-0 get a huge morale boost and be ready morale wise for barca?

I do it at start of new seasons to boost morale and normally works well

Archived