How slow is this game...??

I want to begin a journeyman/nomadic career. That is, starting unemployed, taking any job that becomes available, then moving up with every chance I get to earn more and manage in better leagues.

I would like to load many leagues, across different continents, but I am worried about game speed. How many stars is the minimum I need on "game speed" to make sure my game still runs OK 20 or so seasons in?

Also, people who often do these kinds of saves...do you constantly switch leagues on and off? How do you manage the number of leagues you run whilst making sure that there are still plenty of playable leagues that you can be offered a job in?

Thanks

I want to begin a journeyman/nomadic career. That is, starting unemployed, taking any job that becomes available, then moving up with every chance I get to earn more and manage in better leagues.

I would like to load many leagues, across different continents, but I am worried about game speed. How many stars is the minimum I need on "game speed" to make sure my game still runs OK 20 or so seasons in?

Also, people who often do these kinds of saves...do you constantly switch leagues on and off? How do you manage the number of leagues you run whilst making sure that there are still plenty of playable leagues that you can be offered a job in?

Thanks

All depends what specs your computer is, and also what you consider to be "slow" game speed. I personally bought a top of the range desktop earlier this year and am running circa 50 leagues at any one time, adding and removing other leagues as I choose. The game is perfectly fast enough for what I want, it might take maybe 5 minutes to process between fixtures if they're a week apart, but this suits me just fine.

I should point out that if you don't have a top of the range computer then adding leagues is currently bugged - it will super-inflate the number of players in the database which will slow the game down - personally though I haven't found this a problem.

I would suggest that you start with the recommended set up by the game as this takes into account your computer specs. Dont go overboard with adding and deleting leagues as this will eventually clog up the system.

OK thanks. I just started a game with 32 leagues and it's likely that they should provide enough options so I will refrain from adding more.

I think 32 leagues will keep you occupied! As chile_paul notes the 'add league' function appears to be bugged and some users find it cripples their game as the number of players increase dramatically and the game can't cope. But the problem doesn't happen if you start out with quite a few leagues. So I think it is better to start with more that you can reduce later, than too few and wish you could have added more. Sounds like you've got it just right.

I think I have about 30 leagues running - but I do like to tweak the custom database to ensure I get some interesting players crop up from areas like Africa, USA, Australia etc.

Archived